Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by trampledamage, Nov 7, 2013.

1. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Advertise author signing events here :)

I think the system allows me to edit posts forever, so I'll keep this first post updated with new entries, as a calendar :techman:

See the individual posts for details.

Real Live Events are back! Stay safe, everyone

July 9-13
    was Shore Leave, all the panels are up on their you-tube channel. Details and a direct link in KRAD's post here

Sept 10-12 - JJ Miller will be at Connecticon in Hartford. See this post for details

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  2. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread

I will be at Philcon 2013 in Cherry Hill, NJ this weekend. My schedule is here, including a self-defense workshop, a reading (where I'll be reading from The Klingon Art of War), an autographing, a panel on Trek, and more.

3. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

4. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

John Jackson Miller (author of the upcoming Titan eBook Absent Enemies) is at the WindyCon convention this weekened:

http://blog.farawaypress.com/2013/11/my-windycon-2013-schedule.html

5. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

Update about the Lincoln Star Trek Marathon Weekend - apologies, but I've had to drop out from this event.

6. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Sadly, the same is true for me, as my mother-in-law has had a major stroke, so my travels for a few weeks will be hospital visiting.

7. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm so sorry to hear that. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts, David. Take care. :(

8. KRAD

On Wednesday the 26th of February at 7pm, Housing Works Books and Cafe on Crosby Street in New York City will be hosting, as part of their "Geek Week," a talk called "Tied-In: The Ins and Outs and Ups and Downs of Writing Licensed Fiction," a 90-minute panel discussion on the joys of franchise fiction featuring New York Times best-selling author DAVID MACK, award-winning author KEITH R.A. DeCANDIDO, and veteran editor GINJER BUCHANAN, moderated by Singularity & Co.'s CICI JAMES.

All the information is here on the Facebook event page, so check it out.

9. Defcon

For those interested: An audio recording of this is now online over at the Chronic Rift: http://chronicrift.com/node/4292

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Reposting from my blog:

Heads-up for folks in the Cincinnati area: This Sunday, April 6 from 1:30 to 4:00 PM, the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County will be hosting the annual Ohioana Library Association reception for local authors, including me. The program will include a panel discussion (which I don’t think I’ll be on) and individual recognition of the featured authors, and will be followed by a book fair where attendees can meet the various authors and buy autographed books. This is the second year of the book fair portion, and last year I didn’t sell any books, perhaps because I neglected to let anyone know in advance that the event was happening (blush). So this time I’m giving some advance notice. I’ll have a few copies of Star Trek: Enterprise — Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel on sale, and I’m also thinking of bringing some copies of ROTF: A Choice of Futures and some of Only Superhuman.

And of course there will be plenty of other Ohio Valley authors with books of their own to sell and discuss. So if you’re in the area this Sunday, drop by the Main Library at 800 Vine Street in downtown Cincinnati. Although be aware that, while downtown parking is free on Sunday, there’s reportedly a lot of construction in the area so it may be hard to find. This page has directions and parking info.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - April 2014

I have another signing coming up at the Main Library in Cincinnati, as part of their Cincinnati Library Comic Con event going on now through May 10. The Main Event is on Saturday, May 10 from 1 to 6 PM, and I’ll have a booth there that afternoon with copies of my books on sale. A portion of the profits will be donated to the Library. I just got a new carton of remaindered copies of the Only Superhuman hardcover, so there’ll be a bunch of those on hand, along with assorted copies of various other books of mine.

As before, here are directions and parking info for the Main Library.

12. Defcon

Two The Klingon Art of War related "events":

Keith will be at Trek Trax Atlanta next weekend, where the book will debut:

http://kradical.livejournal.com/2863383.html

And tonight he will be a guest at Trek Radio today talking about the book:

http://kradical.livejournal.com/2864016.html

13. KRAD

^ Thanks, Defcon!

The interview went really well. It'll be in TrekRadio's On Demand section fairly soon. I'll post a link here when it's available.

I'll also be appearing on Sci-Fi Diner, The Chronic Rift, The G&T Show, and Literary Treks over the course of the next month or so to push The Klingon Art of War, and the next episode of my own Dead Kitchen Radio will also be about KAOW.

14. KRAD

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - April & May 2014

Reposting form my blog:

I will be doing two bookstore appearances in New York City in May to celebrate the publication of my new Star Trek book The Klingon Art of War.

The first will be a launch party for the book at Singularity & Co. in the DUMBO section of Brooklyn on Friday 9 May 2014 at 7pm. I'll be doing a reading from the book and there will be general festivizing and fun at this nifty bookstore.

If you can't make that, then maybe you can come to "Star Trek Night..." at Enigma Bookstore in Astoria, Queens on Saturday 17 May 2014 at 7pm, where I will be joined by fellow tie-in toilers David Mack (New York Times best-selling author of dozens of Trek books) and Aaron Rosenberg (award-winning author of dozens of books from Trek to movie novelizations to his original SF/fantasy). The three of us will do readings and a Q&A.

Hope to see folks there!

15. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I can report a signing:

I will be doing a signing for my GODZILLA novelization on May 31 in Exton, PA. I wouldn't be surprised if some of my other books are available as well. The details:

Books-A-Million
    Exton Square Mall
    May 31, 1-3 pm.

Hope to see some of you there!

16. KRAD

Another bookstore appearance for The Klingon Art of War (again, reprinting from the ol' blog...):

In addition to TrekTrax this weekend and signings at Singularity & Co. and the Enigma Bookstore here in NYC in May, I'm also doing a signing at one of my favorite genre bookstores, Pandemonium Books and Games, located on Pleasant Street in Central Square in Cambridge, Massachusetts on Thursday 15 May 2014 at 7pm, with plenty of copies of The Klingon Art of War to scribble on.

I've been going to Pandemonium since it was a dinky little walk-up just off Harvard Square in the 1980s, and I did several signings there when it was in the Garage Mall in Harvard Square in the 1990s, but I have yet to actually set foot in the new (not so new anymore, honestly) Central Square store. Really looking forward to it, and to seeing folks there!

17. Jeff_Mariotte

Jeff_Mariotte Ensign Newbie

My first signing for ST:TOS:Serpents in the Garden is Saturday, May 10, as part of the 21st Birthday Bash at Mysterious Galaxy: San Diego. Details here: http://www.mystgalaxy.com/event/MG-SD-21st-Birhday-Bash-051014 I hope some SoCA people will come out!

18. Greg Cox

Re: Upcoming Author Signing Events Thread - May 2014

Memorial Day signing alert!

I will be signing copies of my GODZILLA novelization at Captain Blue Hen Comics in Newark, Delaware. Monday, May 26, 11 AM to 1 PM. Copies of my recent Trek books will also be available.

Hope to see some of you there!

19. Search4

Search4 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wish I was nearby. Good luck.

20. Greg Cox

Thanks! I'm doing another event at the Exton Square Mall in Exton, PA next weekend . . ..