Esn. Robin Lefler

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gil T.Azell, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

She's available!
    *combs hair*

3. Admiral Bear

Admiral Bear Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I remember reading an interview with Frakes here years ago where he said that Judd point blank refuses to acknowledge that she was ever in TNG.

A complete stuck up cow by the sound of it.

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

She doesn't want to admit her first screen kiss was Wesley Crusher.

5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if because Wheaton is now famous for being on Big Bang Theory and his twitter feed if Judd ever had a change of heart.

6. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WTF is the point of that? Get over yourself

7. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I wouldn't have used "cow", but Judd is kinda full of it. I've seen interviews and talk shows where she acted/talked as if the fact she was on TNG (let alone twice!) was embrassing. Though she sometimes does the same about her mother and sister (when asked if she sees herself as part of a singing family or something like that).

Besides, the OP was subliminally objectifying Judd, saying she was available. I took that post as to tone down the potential trekkie raving over Judd.

8. Melakon

Is it possible Frakes was speaking tongue in cheek, due to Judd's rising popularity after Trek?

The saddest story I ever heard came from Frakes at a convention, involving Wil Wheaton, while the show was still in its first three years.

Someone asked why Wil had stopped making appearances, and Frakes said at Wil's first convention, the fans booed him as he came on stage.

9. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Really? Huh, that's weird.

http://youtu.be/nFthhb-zJSQ

10. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That whole arc is weird.

Hot property because of Stand By Me

Gets on TNG

Saves the ship 2 1/2 times, but gets treated like he's Cousin Oliver on Galactica '80.

Like everyone else when they got them into a Starfleet uniform...really seems to come into his own when they get a real uniform on him. The potential for contrast with Picard (As seen in Final Mission) was great, but he leaves the show.

Gets booed at conventions and finally has to convince himself that its ok and justifiable to sneer at Wesley for him to come to terms with things.

I have no idea where his mindset is these days. At least he seems happy, but he shouldn't have to breath a word of apology to anyone for his work on TNG.

Re: Ashley Judd. Her appearance was one of those where you immediatly know she's going to be a star. Like Julia Roberts in Mystic Pizza.

11. Melakon

It was a real sad story, because Wil had been apprehensive, the other actors told him it was a lot of fun, and he got excited anticipating it. I don't know when that first convention was, but he must have been under 18, so it was probably devastating.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Wil Wheaton knows that the Wesley Crusher character sucked, but he is always respectful to the fans and his fellow TNG actors. He seemed very happy to be in that last cast reunion in Alberta, Canada.

This really helps with his likability.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013