What happens if you take a sledge hammer to a weeping angel?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by gastrof, Jan 11, 2013.

1. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know the Manhattan epsiode showed the crime boss had hit one to try and hurt it, but what if (out of self defense) you just plain pounded the thing with a sledge hammer? From the looks of the one the crime boss attacked, it CAN be damaged.

What if you dont' stop?

Could you pound one of those things into bits while they can't move?

And what happens to the bits if you then turn away?

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

My only word of advice is not to blink. Which may be hard when stone chips are flying.

3. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not if you use C4 and run like the howling.

4. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Nothing happens. They are not actually made of stone, they're quantum locked. I'd say that they can't be destroyed.

Unless the plot requires that they can, in which case they totally can be destroyed.

5. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well that is a good question, since that one that was chained up WAS damaged, it was still able to move - but it was in pain. So yeah, what WOULD stop someone from simply going "okay those are Weeping Angels", grabbing some C4 while SOMEONE looks at it, YOU can blink or close your eyes, but SOMEONE has to be watching it. So why not just load it up with C4 or even just whack that sucker with a sledge hammer, jack hammer, whatever and turn it into bits. Granted a Statue of Liberty IS going to be hard - but that's one thing that took me out of the episode - you THINK if the frickin' Statue of Liberty was able to somehow "reeeally fast" move all the way from Liberty Island into the heart of Manhatten - NO ONE WOULD BE WATCHING? I mean c'mon.

6. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Angels could have used the ever convenient perception filter.

7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Whilst we’ve seen damaged Angels, my assumption was always that this was less about physical damage than it was the result of them basically being starved of food.

8. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Unless we use the Perter Gabriel song and use its sound waves to blast the staue from a safe distance.......of course the only draw back is everybody setting up the speaker system round the angel would be dead.......only positive of that senario would be we only use people who has enjoyed gundam style to set up the speakers. lol

9. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

What if you just blindfold the Angel so it cant see you? Much easier than spending the whole day with a sledgehammer.

10. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

As soon as you blink, the Angel would rip the bindfold off.
    Unless it's been chained tightly to a wall, but then you don't have to blindfold it in the first place.

11. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Supposedly,. you can't harm an angel because it's quantum locked, but that's one of the Blink details that's become fuzzy since they became a Recurring Monster. I'd theorise that - seeing as quantum decay is an inherent, unavoidable part of the nature of the universe - an Angel has to exert itself somehow to keep itself quantum-locked, and a weakened or wounded one can't do this perfectly, so it's possible to damage them...

12. Nick Ryder

I think honestly they worked better before the Angels in Manhatten story where they were more or less monsters in a cavern that just pushed people back in time.

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, there was that webisode written by school children where a Weeping Angel followed the Olympic Torchbearer into the TARDIS, the Doctor used the sonic screwdriver to shatter the Angel, then when no one was looking, the fragments reassembled into the Angel.

My guess is that's what happens after you're done with the sledge hammer.

14. Nick Ryder

Of course that was written by school children ...

Buuuuut... I'm sure if you smash it and use some 'Who-babble' thingy... would stop it. After all, then what would stop them from just being everywhere?

But really, the Statue of Liberty as a Weeping Angel. Puh-friggin-leeze...

15. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Granted, but the reasoning that they only reassemble after being destroyed works as a logical one as to why a sledge hammer or other tools of destruction aren't used on the Angels on a regular basis. At least it does to me.

16. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What if you take the pieces and spread them out, even throughout time and space?