What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Thanks to my recent discovery of the game's manual, on which I kept the game's serial number, I can enjoy Stars! once again. :D

2. Krisno

Krisno Commodore Commodore

Red Dead Redemption, I just love the multiplayer.

3. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Finished replaying Assassin's Creed so I can start AC2, which my wife bought me for Xmas. Also started GTA IV

4. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

I'm slowly making my way through Gears of War for the first time and taking another run through Batman: Arkham Asylum.

5. Davidpeter

Davidpeter Cadet Newbie

I am playing Oblivion on my bro's X-box 360.

6. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just started Enchanted Arms on PS3. Got it for Christmas - not impressed so far but I'll give it a bit further before I decide whether to finish it or trade it in.

7. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Restarted FFVIII - Just played the first dream sequence.

Beautiful game. :)

8. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

9. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Started playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 today. I still have to decide if I like it better or worse than the first one. For now, it's a splendid game, as enjoyable as TDU.

10. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Left 4 Dead

11. Quinton O'Connor

Just finished FFVII. Now it's back to my favorite game of all time, Xenogears.

12. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Started on Assassin's Creed II - and wow, what an improvement! (and I say that as someone who really liked the first game)

13. broberfett

broberfett Vice Admiral Admiral

Relaxing in Slave I listening to Holy Diver
    I just finished Castlevania Lord of Shadows. The main character is voiced by Robert Carlyle(Rush from SGU). The game is pretty long and filled with little puzzles and annoying boss battles. The scenery is great with colossal structures you climb around on to get to where you are going. Some pretty cool imagery. It is fun to waste werewolves with a thrown silver dagger or to fry some vampires with holy water. You even get exploding fairies(with light magic).

I alternated between having a great time and cussing furiously over some annoying board.

14. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

Playing Marvel vs Capcom 3. It looks and plays much more, I dunno, fluid than SFIV.

I wish the game had more characters to unlock.

15. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Mega Man X2 and a season of Madden.

16. Jadzia

Jadzia on holiday Premium Member

This evening I have been playing Warcraft.

(1) Human early game. This is a fairly normal human opening for the Lost Temple map. I'm getting lots of peasants so I can make an early expansion. I've chosen the Archmage as my hero, as the elementals it produces will tank the creeps at my natural. I've also constructed my barracks, and am going to train two footmen who should be ready when I move into the centre of the map.

This is a tricky opening for me, because timing is quite critical, and I'm not very good at timing things.

[​IMG]

(2) Creeping with Militia. Here I go. Five of the peasants are taken from the woodcutting and made into militia. A footman has also been trained and brought along. My first mistake is that my elemental should be at the front tanking the trolls. Because it wasn't, one of my militia is almost killed. As I'm creeping with these militia, I am also training new peasants to replace the ones I took off woodcutting.

[​IMG]

(3) Fast Expansion. A difficulty I sometimes have attempting a fast expand is that I don't have enough lumber to rush the construction. It always pays to rush it. To make those extra woodcutters, I needed to build another farm, which also cost lumber and used up one worker. This is why lots of workers were needed.

[​IMG]

(4) Creeping Middle. I've moved into the middle of the map and am leveling up my hero. When the expansion completed I sent one militia to scout the map to see where my opponent is, and what race and strategy they are using.

A Blacksmith is constructed to upgrade my footmen, as well as second barracks.

My scout is killed entering the opposite base, so I assume that is where my opponent is located, who is playing Undead, and is using a Death Knight / Crypt Fiend build.

With my early expansion, I have the added benefit of no upkeep, so the gold flows in faster than I know how to spend it. I have to train yet more peasants for woodcutting so I can balance my resources. I feel like I'm training peasants and building farms almost continuously.

While creeping the Gnolls at the fountain of health, I'm confronted by my opponent, and I lose a couple of footmen.

[​IMG]

(5) Teching up. Upgrading my main, creating both second tier buildings, and further upgrading my footmen's swords and armor. My second hero is also on the way.

[​IMG]

(6) Attacking natural With two barracks, an arcane sanctum, and a workshop, my castle completed, and a second expansion underway, I am able to churn out units thick and fast. My footmen benefiting from Priests Inner Fire are a good counter to the Crypt Fiends, while Mortars will take care of the Ziggurats. A couple of knights and sorceresses are added for good measure, and I hit the food cap.

I lost a couple of units during my attack, but my opponent was easily overrun. I had enough units enqueued at my buildings to automatically replace the ones that fell.

And with that my opponents surrenders. An easy win for me this week. It rarely goes this smoothly :)

[​IMG]

17. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

War 3, not frozen throne? Anyway the slideshow was kind of cute, but why not go the extra mile and do a YouTube video commentary? :)

18. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 is on the way so I'm going to give that a try.

After that, I'll continue with Jade Empire until Dragon Age 2 is out:)

19. Jadzia

Jadzia on holiday Premium Member

I haven't played frozen throne, and I've never made a video commentary!

I seem to remember my old computer not handling the video recording very well when I first tried it. New computer shouldn't have any trouble, but I don't have a headset to make a commentary with either.

20. Quinton O'Connor

Warcraft had games before WoW?

...Joking!