Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by TrekToday, Jul 30, 2012.

1. inflatabledalek

inflatabledalek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh sure, I'm not saying people won't have cause to be annoyed, just the situation is still a bit vague to be sure.

One update though is that Play have apparently sent an email to their customers offering the same.

2. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, I still think it's bullshit that customers are being treated differently based upon where they happened to buy it, that information coming out is differing, that confirmations aren't being sent and that one clear message is not being communicated to all customers.

I was getting more at the futility of speculation here, and that it would be better and proper for "TPTB" to come out and clear this all up for us.

3. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

It's clear enough to me. I understand you're frustrated, but confirmations aren't normally sent back by fulfillment centers once you give them your info -- you just have to wait for the product to arrive. That's just the way it's done. Not defending it, just saying that's par for the course.

Now, different retailers have different policies for dealing with replacements. If the store you bought your set at gets new replacement sets in (with a different barcode) within 30 days of buying it, then you should be able to do a swap in store as long as you still have your receipt.

But you have to understand that these replacement discs originate from different fulfillment centers in different parts of the world, so it's to be expected that they would have different ways of getting new discs out to customers -- Deluxe Media Management in the US, and Sony DADC in Europe. It's not like replacements can come direct from CBS... so they can't give a general statement for everyone everywhere in the world -- they have to use these various companies to handle the situation.

Just so you know, I was one of the very first to call Deluxe the morning this replacement program was put in place and I live about 30 miles from their fulfillment center, so I should be one of the first here to get replacement discs... and I guarantee you I will be on here in very short order with pics of the discs and info on any additional fixes they may have done.

4. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

Had a email today of amazon telling me they are sending me a free new copy of STTNG on Blu ray free of charge !!! Very happy indeed !!!

5. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I watched Haven today and finally experienced one of these odd audio problems. Now I look forward to hopefully receiving these replacement discs.

6. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

Are you in the US? I bought mine from amazon USA.

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I understand where BriGuy is coming from though. Why do customers get treated differently based on location when everyone had the same problem. In one part of the world, they're just replacing discs, while in another they are replacing the entire thing. I don't mind getting the replacement discs, but I do wonder why there is a difference there. Also, I hope the discs don't get damaged in the mail.

8. BriGuy

I sent an email to Best Buy - where I bought my set - but have not heard back yet. If I don't hear back within the time they themselves give for a response, I will reach out again, by phone or in the store if I have to.

IMO, given that this is an acknowledged defective product, I should be able to walk into Best Buy and exchange it once the corrected versions arrive, whether that's within 30 days or not. The question is - when will they arrive, and will Best Buy make the exchange?

It troubled me that I saw a Best Buy store still selling the sets. And it's troubling that it's still listed for sale on the Best Buy website. Did the studio not tell them? Were they told and not following that directive? Why would they still sell this defective product?

9. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

^The issue here is Best Buy. They should be as helpful as Amazon, when it comes to sending out the new discs. They have dropped the ball on this one.

Forget Best Buy and just contact Delux Media directly to get your new discs. I contacted Delux and they were very easy to deal with. I for one will order the rest of the collection from Amazon.

10. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Don't get happy too fast...I did that too, after being assured that they had the corrected version already. It turned out to be untrue.

I hope it works out better for you, but be prepared for disappointment. :)

11. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So when are the replacement discs being sent out? Since the first email asking for the name address, phone, and serial number on one of the discs I haven't heard anything.

Pretty ratty customer service.

-Chris

12. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The discs are likely being sent out this week. I wouldn't really call it "ratty customer service," since they were very rapid in offering the replacements and made the process very easy. What more information do you expect? They stated in the phone calls and emails that they'd be shipped within 5 business days of August 10th.

13. BriGuy

Agreed.

My main concern is a lack of acknowledgement of the information I submitted. Those numbers they wanted from the discs are very difficult to read. I'd like to know for sure that what I sent was complete and correct, as well as simply knowing it was received and will be processed.

As for Best Buy, I got a response. Seems to indicate they're not going to make or honor exchanges for new sets in stores. They want us to go through the individual disc exchange.

14. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That doesn't mean if you take it into the store that they won't exchange the set since it's in their return policy for 30 days, that just says the preferred method is to do the recall.

15. NewHorizon

I just spoke with Amazon.com in the US. They have given me an exchange request for the corrected set. The corrected set will be sent to me at no charge and they will include a pre-paid return package for the old set.

Nice and easy.

Heh, I guess I'm still getting the replacement disks too. Oh well.

16. cbspock

There should have been an acknowledgement after they recieved the information. I got one when they replaced the BTTF and Superman discs way back when.

-Chris

17. cbspock

I bought mine through Amazon, guess I should have contacted them, oh well.

-Chris

18. NewHorizon

I didn't have any indication that I should have contacted Amazon, but I decided to on my own. I figured it couldn't hurt to see if they would offer replacement of the full set, rather than disk replacement. I ended up being pleasantly surprised. Just hop onto their online chat support and give them your account name, they'll hook you up. I'll be getting my replacements by the end of the month.

19. Kryten

Kryten Ensign Newbie

Got exactly the same. I won't be sending it back to them for a replacement/refund as the generic reply says to do given they've not stopped selling it on their website despite the recall so they are probably still selling dodgy copies. I won't be using HMV next time! I'll just await for whatever Paramount decide to do for the rest of us.

20. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think we should just wait a week and see if people start getting these replacement discs. If there's nothing by the end of this week or next, then I'd contact them again.