New Info! (Bad Robot press event/villain ID'd, etc.) *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Kruezerman, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

2. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: New Info! *SPOILERS*

So Cumberbatch really is John Harrison. There goes my hope that he was Gary Mitchell Garth of Izar Kahn Noonian Singh Cryogenically Frozen Sherlock. My childhood weeps JJ.

But seriously, with all of the info out there now, I'm pleasantly surprised how little I know about the plot.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't wait to see how they wiggle out of that "canon character" statement from July 2012.

4. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Technically, "John Harrison" is a canon character.

5. Enterprise is Great

I've been a Trek fan for 40 years and have never even noticed a guy named Harrison in TOS. If he's meant to be that same obscure to the max character than Orci's comment was quite assholish. Of course they could be pulling a Miranda Tate thing here (see The Dark Knight Rises) and tricking us with the Harrison reveal. Eh, whatever...no big deal. As long as the bad guy's cool I don't care who it is.

6. Pondslider

Pondslider Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The idea of John Harrison being a pseudonym hasn't been disproven by this article. All it says is that he's called John Harrison in the movie. Liam Neeson was called Ducard in Batman Begins. The point of having a pseudonym is for people to call you the wrong name to hide your identity. I'm not saying that the character isn't just actually named John Harrison, but the wording of the article proves nothing.

7. Enterprise is Great

Isn't John Harrison one of the least intimidating villain names...ever?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Him REALLY being some new character explains a lot. Miranda Tate and Henri Ducard were announced as their characters names far in advanced as a deception.

This has been held back because how do you make an big deal over a new character without revealing the plot. So they have held on to this as long as possible.

9. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I liked all of those 8 spoilers from that article. I really don't care about the characters name, even though it is not an intimidating name, and I am happy that Eve is playing Carol Marcus.

10. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

11. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant

I'm glad we're seeing Qo'noS again for the first time in close to a decade. I wouldn't have minded some smooth-headed Klingons making an appearance just to connect to the 22nd Century viral mutation that cosmetically changed most of their race, but for all we know the Empire found a cure for the condition earlier in this timeline than it did in the Prime one.

I just hope the Klingons are creepy and vicious looking this time around. As much as I love Klingons the whole "pissed off Harley biker gang dude with heavy metal hair" thing stopped being intimidating and thrilling a long time ago. The Klingons in ST:TMP had a very menacing, almost vampire or gargoyle-like appearance with their more pronounced teeth and canines and the red mood lighting being shone on the bridges of the battle cruisers at the start of the film.

12. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

Yep, he was played by Robert Veto and appeared in 27 episodes during seasons 1 and 2, even appearing in Space Seed.

13. Shilliam Watner

And even Keenser is back.

14. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm so jazzed. And again, so happy they're not trying to retread old ground.

15. Shilliam Watner

This will certainly be interesting. Apparently in Wrath of Khan, Kirks first words when they actually meet again face to face is :

“I did what you wanted……I stayed away”

That tells me that Kirk wanted to be with her and she is the one who basically told him to get lost. Indeed this will be interesting, that is if she is pregnant by the end of this film. We might have to wait till the 3rd installment for that to happen.

16. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: New Info! (Bad Robot press event) *SPOILERS*

If it wasn't Khan, why would they deny it now? And John Harrison? What kind of fake name is that, nobody names their child that, let alone the villain. This is all more proof it is Khan. No way could Carol Marcus be part of a story without Khan.

17. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why not? Even without Khan she still retains her connection to Kirk in being his future baby mama.

18. Shilliam Watner

Not true. Look, Bad Robot confirmed it tonight. Cumberbatch is Harrison. They are not going to market his character for this movie with a fake name.

19. Shilliam Watner

Exactly :techman:

20. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant

Besides, if you want to get really nerdy and anal about it Kirk was romantically involved and conceived his son with Carol years before he ever took command of the Enterprise and ran into the Botany Bay. In Prime timeline continuity Carol Marcus was a part of James Kirk's life long before he got captain's braids on his sleeves and ever came into contact with Khan Singh.