Important/Popular Comic Stories Not in TPB

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Broccoli, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

That is what I noticed too (not just with Batman, but a lot of comic heroes). That was anothe reason I started this thread. Every time a story arc is finished, it's thrown into a TPB and released a few months after the single issues are done.

I wish some attention could go into older works that don't fall into the "Showcase" or "Essential" era.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I would imagine there's a lot less demand for a 1980s storyline than a 2008/9 story.

3. Broccoli

Perhaps, but I'm think the big, major "event" arcs. The 90s were filled with them and I'm surprised that since, seemingly, TPBs are becoming more and more popular, they wouldn't try to milk all of their stuff for what it is worth.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Any online comic book discussion I read seems to have a lot of hatred for 1990s comic books. T&A, big guns, ridiculous costume revamps, death/ressurection/reboot, etc.

5. Broccoli

^ It seems no more than the hatred that current comics are getting with the exact same things you point out.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well, the big guns went away at least :D Except for Nick Fury's phallus canon in Secret Invasion :eek:

7. Broccoli

Well, he's Nick Fury. He's allowed to have that. :p

8. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

I actually have all those original issues in a long box somewhere, but thanks for the recommendation - I'm only about forty or so minutes from Red Bank. Are you local?

9. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Belmar.