RIP Kate O'Mara (aka The Rani)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by TedShatner10, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Sixth and Peri? Hm... Timey-whimey, considering Time and the Rani...

2. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, Six and Peri first met the Rani in Mark of the Rani. Or, were you referring to something else?

3. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He means that, assuming Siobhan Redmond is playing a different incarnation, then either 6 and Peri meet an earlier Rani, or a later one than the one the 7th Doctor meets.

4. Mr Awe

D'oh! For some reason I just assumed she'd be playing the same incarnation. But, I have no reason why she would!

Well, the 3rd Doctor met the Master out of sequence before in The Five Doctors when he met the Ainley incarnation. And, there's really no reason why the Doctor would have to meet the Rani strictly in order. Of course, Mel wouldn't be confused because she first met the Rani in Time and the Rani. So, there wouldn't seem to be any more than the usual wibbly wobbly stuff involved with time travel and meeting anyone out of sequence.

Mr Awe

5. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

True. But that Master had met the Fifth Doctor in sequence. And the Third Doctor rarely met the Master out of order (from what we were made to understand, at least). OldWho generally didn't play with the possibilities of these things back then. Maybe its too bad that they didn't, but it was really rare.

I don't disagree. But for Old Who, its rather rare that the Doctor and recurring non-Dalek villains meet out of order.

6. Mr Awe

Agree that it was very rare for Classic Who, but I don't think it imposes any more temporal paradoxes than meeting just a regular person out of order.

Mr Awe

7. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Doesn't the show establish that Time Lords Time Lines are synched, and as long as you don't break the Laws of Time, you meet in the same order? 1-3 being in the same place as Ainley Master was due to Laws of Time being broken (Scooped up out of their own Time line).

8. Mr Awe

I can't remember that being officially established onscreen as a rule, but it seems to be what happened in practice. Unless I'm forgetting something, which is entirely possible! But, I think fans have interpreted the practice as being a rule.

Mr Awe

9. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I don't think there's ever been any rules regarding what ordrer Time Lords meet each let alone themselves. As we learned inthe The Curse Of Fatal Death, if a Time Lord goes back in time to mess a former self the other Time Lord came just go futher back in time and alter history again. :rofl: