The jello in Allegiance

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by swaaye, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

I'm sure you mean "Five Characters in Search of an Exit". One of my favorite episodes, and yes, "Allegiance" is somewhat similar of that one. They aren't really trapped in a box, though. ;)

2. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As a vegetarian, I'm always reading the ingredients and decline anything having gelatin. I'm always surprised when others are ignorant of the origins of it.

Fortunately, I'm now able to enjoy some things that used to contain gelatin. I think Skittles are one delicacy that used to contain it, but now use a fruit gel instead. I don't know if the change is due to vegetarians' complaints, or a more prosaic economic or supply factor.

3. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

POISON!!!!

Just had to say it. Basically the only line i remember from the episode anyway. :-)

Mark

4. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder how they'd know how many days they'd been in there. The Mizarian seemed pretty certain he'd been in there 12 days

5. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Perhaps Mizarians, or at least the one trapped with Picard et al., are good at keeping track of time internally.

Or, the Mizarian had experienced twelve sleep cycles, and was approximating them as days. Who knows how long a Mizarian day is? Or what the circadian rhythm of a Mizarian is?

6. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Me too. I hadn't thought about that episode in ages, and now I'm actually curious as to what was used to make the stuff. :lol:

J..E..L..L...OH MY GOD!

7. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

While we're talking about food/drink, anyone else ever get annoyed that it's painfully obvious that the actors take a drink in 10-forward but don't actually drink anything? I know it's on purpose but most of the time the drink is at the same height in the glass as it was before the "sip!"

8. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Soylent Jell-O is PEOPLE!!!

9. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I would assume it's some nutrient-rich tasteless compound.