Favourite Bridge

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Viper78, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

The original series bridge and the one in the Abrams movies.

2. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really like the bridge from STVI, but it's not my favorite. Did the designers just suddenly forget where on the ship the bridge is supposed to be? What was the rationale behind putting the turbolifts on opposite sides of the bridge?

3. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For asthetic reasons I've always had a fondness for the bridge of "The Cage". It's basically the TOS bridge, but with a cool battleship-gray mystique. It wasn't sterile like some of the movie TOS bridges, but it had a great sense of realism that the standard (brightly colored) TOS bridge sometimes lacks.

A lot of the later bridges felt too stylized for my liking. Less like realistic command centers, more like elaborate science fiction TV show stage sets. ;) They all felt cluttered, like they were full of consoles that are just there to look cool rather than because it was a logical design. Especially flawed in this regard are the 1701-E and the Voyager bridges, neither of which I really took to. I do like the Defiant though. That one was the best for capturing the essence of the TOS bridge. It felt like the production designer had put a lot of thought into it, like they'd sat at their desk and said "If Starfleet existed in the real world, what would one of their starship bridges actually look like?". The Defiant felt real to me, and the only other bridges that came close to that feeling for me were the ones used in "The Cage" and the first three TOS movies.

5. Cardassian3279

Cardassian3279 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think it is difficult to choose which the best bridge of starships in space....I would choose Enterprise E because it's very nice design, agree with me? and Enterprise C because I like the curve when Worf work the tactical and weapon station, that what I like this.

Prometheus, I like it and very bright bridge lol,

As Cardassian starship favourite, Cardassian bridge is alright with me.

Klingon bridge is cool cos dark and weird.

I wonder what gonna happen to Enterprise G's bridge though, Any thought?

Thank you,

Martyn

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

That's the one.