So how do you ignore someone....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Nick086, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list

Pretty much what I first thought when i saw the title.....and then it turned into even more of a headdesk moment. :scream:

2. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I took a lot of history in University and I don't know how you even cheat off someone by sitting near them in class. Every class I was in was nothing but lectures, then essays you wrote on your own time, and exams in a different room. How do you cheat when you are taking notes from a lecture?

3. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

We take our quizzes and essay exams in the classroom. I was just shocked someone would get so paranoid to think I would cheat off their paper. It has never happen to me before when I would sit next to someone in the classroom. I take it most of you aren't aware of your surroundings like I am.

4. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

You should probably try insulting people some more, since that's working so well for you.

People cheat all the time. Protect yourself from it but don't turn it into a big drama. That's pretty much all people are saying here.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

What the hell is that even supposed to mean? :lol:

6. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

Nah I'll leave the insulting to the experts I'm for sure don't insult people unless they do it first.

7. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

So how do you know that she thinks you're trying to cheat?

8. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

You've already insulted several people here. We're really just trying to figure out what you mean. Your original post was rambling and a little incoherent.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm guessing she either a) told him so, or b) he noticed when he looked over at her desk and she tried to hide her paper.

10. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

How many people on here?

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

No! It's 47!

13. Tora Ziyal

^Percent. ;)

14. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

Then why haven't you all just banned me from coming here then?

15. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

There are a few things you could do, and some have been mentioned. You could:

1. Try talking to her about it.
    2. Move to a different seat.
    3. Politely let her know that she can move if she's uncomfortable.
    4. Just pay attention to the professor while you're in class and ignore her. That would mean no talking or making eye contact. And when you have a test, just turn away from her to focus on and write on your paper or what have you.

I hope this helps. :)

(And if you're really worried that she might accuse you of cheating and feel like you can't move, talk to the teacher and have them sit you somewhere else. That way you don't have to be the "bad guy" that took someone's seat. ;))

16. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Wow, you are just the most awesome person ever. Except for that whole not being able to handle basic human interactions like an adult thing.

Ah, so not even your situational awareness is as good as you've let on.

Are you going to answer Kreacher's question about how you know that she thinks you're trying to cheat without saying a word? Did she give you an angry glare? Hide her paper?

Because your current pattern of being vague and incoherent and unresponsive and then lashing out at people responding to you or asking questions makes it look like the whole point of this thread is simply to provoke a reaction.

17. Tora Ziyal

Um, because you haven't done anything to deserve being banned?

You say this woman is being paranoid, but I have to admit, you're sounding a bit paranoid yourself. How 'bout some details, so we understand why you believe she thinks you're cheating (or trying to).

18. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

I guess I should have read the entire thread before posting...

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Shit, kids didn't get annoyed with me when I "took their seat" in high school. I wouldn't think a college class would be that much different. Sit somewhere else.

20. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Try sitting down and turning 20 degrees away from her. If she is sitting to your left and you are right handed, you can use your left arm to block your vision of her. Kind of like this.

[​IMG]

Sometimes there is nothing you can do about. There are self centered jerks out there that think they are "all that" and everyone else is scum.

Give me some more details about the situation and maybe I can come up with better ideas.