Yet Another Rewatch Thread...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Distorted Humor, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ok...I decided to re watch my fave Star Trek, Deep Space Nine. There are a few episodes I have not seen, and a few episodes I really can't remember. However, I figured a Rewatch thread might be fun, and this thread will have spoilers, as I may reference episodes I remember that might have some reference to the current episode.

It was the dawn of the third age of Star Trek, little did we know that this might be high point of Space Opera on TV, and paramount launched one of the most delightful blocks of storytelling ...Deep Space Nine....

"Emissary"

This opening episode still holds up after almost 20 years of time (Yikes, I am OLD)...

The opening sequence still has some punch, as you see the Saratoga get steamrolled by the Borg. War is hell...

First off, while not perfect, it is nice to see the conflict between Sisko and Picard. I mean, the venom is almost tasty. The personal conflict (while still striving for the standards of starfleet) is still some of the best trek, and you see this in that opening bark...

Poor Nana Visitor, Stuck with a character that comes off as a well, to be nicely, a Witch (i hate the B version of the word), you forget how rough she is at the start. I always happened to like her, but she is unlikable in this episode.

The actress who plays Jennifer is a underrated beauty, and does well enough for her bit part. And it always surprises me what they did with Kai Opaka<sp> as she was a good character.

Our Good doctor bashir was also fun to see, I forgot how young he was, so green. However he does take over when the time for him to treat injuries.

8.5 out of 10

The next episode I remember had neo-IRA terrorist and our fave Klingon sisters...

2. Distorted Humor

"Past Prologue"

Look, its Garak :bolian:

this is a solid, if just "ok" episode. While I like that the siters made a appearance, I like them to stay as TNG villains, and not DS9 villains. Though I remember that the Duras sisters consume was very surprising back in the day. These days they are tame.

It is fun to see the Doctor and Garak of course, even if they are destined to have much greater adventures. And I will give the writers credit. While I might not agree with his goals, the terrorist is logical in his thinking. And it does lead to good action sequences...for Star Trek at least.

Overall, 6 out of 10.

"A Man Alone"

Ehhh

Ok, the Jake Nog bits are nice for future reference. And the idea "is it murder if you kill your own clone" should be up my ally (I love cloning stories like most people like time travel stories.) but this one looks flat. Even the Wild-west Posse trying to start a riot in the station seems so...forced. Thankfully some of the themes (Odo and his role in the occupation) is explored later in a much better episode.

Rating 3 out of 10.

"Babel"

Not a bad episode, but not great. The best parts is O'Brian trying to fix the station in the opening bit, and Dax and Kira walking down and before quark invites them to the celebration. I generally like this episode, but it is ....well..Boring...or perhaps it that I have seen it too many times.

And I am sure the actors had fun talking nonsense.

5 out of ten.

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There can never be too many rewatch threads! And you've been busy today!

Emissary was without a doubt the best opener of any Trek series. It grabs you right away with the Wolf 359 sequence, which was an epic one for it's time. Seeing Locutus and the Borg's victims from another perspective really puts an interesting twist to the norm of things. You even see the tension in the air as Picard and Sisko meet years later.

Emisarry really did what it was supposed to do. Introduced us to the characters, Bajor's backstory, the bad guy in Gul Dukat however minor his role was, and the unforgetable character of Kai Opaka. I wish she was around more, because she was really convincing and powerful in her role as the religous zealot.

Past Prologue... the problem here is they tried to do too much. Backstory on the Bajorian terrorists. Bajor not being unified, Cardassians hunting down rogue terrorists, the Duras Sisters somewhere in there, and Garak all in a jumble. Garak is epic. No more needs saying there. The Duras sisters were nice to see(Klingon Kleavage or not) but really didn't add anything to the story beyond a blatant attempt to bring some TNG fans over. The Kohn-ma were very compelling and interesting. So naturally we never see or hear from them again. It's a good episode, but nothing special. Clearly the DS9 table is still being set in this one.

A Man Alone... clearly this was an attempt to introduce Odo's character and flesh him out a bit, but the story really did fall flat as a lot of DS9 season 1 did. Thankfully they did bet better as you said. Jake and Nog's antics on the station when they were kids, I actually enjoyed... young people being young instead of annoying twerps like Wesley.

Babel was just silly. Babel, babble? Nicely named I'll admit. Other than that it was your generic save the day before everyone dies episode. Not great, but not terribly inspiring.

4. Sykonee

Sykonee Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow, plowing through these, eh? We should take bets on how soon and at what episodes you'll overtake GodBen's, Michelle's (at Trek Today), AV Club's, and Nerys Ghemor's threads (I think she's still technically doing hers).

5. Distorted Humor

Plowing though them as later epsiodes will hold up even if I am not dedicated.. the first season has more then one stinker, while later seasons generally only have one bad episode.

6. Distorted Humor

Ok, home sick (Bad back) so the best thing for me to do is lay down and relax. So...I have watched a LOT of DS9

"Captive Pursuit"

This is a fan fave, and I can see why, unlike some other episodes from season one, this one just WORKS. Tosk is very alien, the makeup does not look awful, and O'brian episodes are generally good.

This is a just a enjoyable episode, even if I saw it a bazillion times. It really noteworthy as it really does not have a B-plot that I can ID, it is just Tosk and the hunters. And I enjoy how the actor used odd twitches to carry a sense that its not a human.

7.5 out of 10

"Q-Less"

Vash and Q shows up, and Sisko Punches Q And there is a auction, and I really want this to stop.

4 out of 10

"Dax"

First off, this does have modern relevancy as these days, grabbing folks and getting them across borders is standard operating procedure. It is a bit of a whodunit, but I can still enjoy it for Gregory Martin Itzin. Wonderful actor, and it meanders a bit before the big reveal. This is a good first time watch, but rewatching leaves it flat.

A lot of the first season has good ideas, but for whatever reason, just never truely takes off. However very little of it is dire, which is much better then TNG or VOY first seasons. That...and it bittersweet with the widow hoping Jazdia has a long life.

5 out of 10

"The Passenger"

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to some of the worst acting in all of ..of...startrek...

So Bashir is a jerk, they find a ship blowing up, the alien puts his mind into our good doctor, who attempts a hijacking, and the end of the day, everything is eliminated.

Yawn... and the guest star looks good under all that makeup. And we had the starfleet security guy who up. Kinda like a flat soda...just blaaa...

3 out of 10

"Move Along Home"

Everyone HATES this episode, but it far from the worse, it is just ...silly. The plot line is silly, but not bad, Quark is playing a game, and some of the crew are playing it for real. Not the most exciting episode, but I liked it a lot better then the previous episode.

4 out of 10

"The Nagus"

The Ferengi episodes where popular at the time, and really, and the grand Negas is not THAT bad. And it really sweet to see Jake Teaching Nog to read. It is actually a strong episode for Season 1 standards, as it works. And it gets some points for the godfather references. I happen to find it funny still, and this was supposed to be a funny episode.

6 out of 10

"Vortex"

Ok, my memory was that this was a Meh episode, but it was quite good. It is nice to have space combat and Odo using non-traditional tactics to beat them. And it has a ...sweet feel to the end.

6 out of 10

"Battle Lines"

I am still wonder how DS9 would of changed without shunting off the Kai who was a really cool character. However it does have a nice TOS feel to it, two parties at endless battles with no chance to win. It not great, but it not bad. And it shows that the writers are willing to make radical changes if they felt the plot needed it.

6.5 out of 10

"The Storyteller"

The episode reminds me of of a early TNG episode. namely, its a bad epsiode with a young cute costar (the dauphin is the TNG episode)

The main plot line of the storyteller with the story-beast. Is freaking bad. I mean, Meridian bad. But the Nog/Jake/Guest star role was better then it should. which saves it from complete failure.

2.5 out of 10

"Progress"

if you ignore a major plot hole (why would they ruin a M class moon for enough energy that a simple replicated reactor could provide) I mean, if they said "Stripped mined to repair bajor" i could buy it a lot more.

However, Kira meets a cranky old man, who does not want to leave, and you have good acting. What is NOT to like?

7 out of 10

"If Wishes Were Horses"

Deep inside this episode is a decent episode. However it never appeared. It was MIA. Though seeing Bashir's want of Jazdia is silly in a juvenile way.

But...Rumpelstiltskin. Let me barf.

3 out of 10

"The Forsaken"

This episode always kinda reminds me of a Babylon 5 episode, which has a alien probe causing problems, though admittedly, I like the Babylon 5 idea better.

And we have Troi's mom. I always remembered I could not stand this episode. But it was better then I remembered. It not bad, and there are some stinkers in Season 1, so this is a good season 1 episode, but a poor DS9 episode.

5 out of 10

"Dramatis Personae"

ok, this is a fun episode, seems like every trek wants to have a episode where everyone acts nuts. Thankfully, DS9 put it near the end of the first season, and not like TNG, which had it as one of the first episodes.

I must admit, the Clock thingy that Ben builds is nicely odd. Sadly it one of those episodes where you know first off what kinda happening, and you watch it unfold.

5.5 out of ten.

Two more episodes (and good ones) and I will finish season 1...

7. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

The thing about Q less is that it isn't really a Q episode, it's a Vash episode with Q just king of hanging out.

8. Distorted Humor

A good way at looking at it, but Vash without Picard feels somehow empty.

9. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

^ I'm glad you're doing this. I don't hate The Nagus; I liked it. And while I agree that Move Along Home seemed a little silly on the surface, the concept was interesting. You really can learn a lot about a different culture of people by how they "play the game" so to speak. It's was also interesting that the visiting culture of people were so wrapped up in games, but then they were visiting and were interested in recreation. I wonder what they were really like. Following up on them might have been a missed opportunity, but then if people didn't like the episode, I guess that's why it didn't happen. And if only the series had been Q-Less...

10. Distorted Humor

Finished Season 1.... (Dum Dum Dum)

"Duet"

This episode still has a lot of kick to it. I think it one of those episodes that just "worked" in the sense of Acting, Writing, concept, even the little things (having Neela have a small role) just makes you sit back and enjoy the hour of TV.

Amazing, top episode of DS9, and perhaps of Trek....

10 out of 10

"In the Hands of the Prophets"

A fine conclusion to a uneven first season. A surprisingly open minded episode. (TNG would of followed the Jake line of reasoning.) with a slowly dawning realization that something dark is going on, along with that the cute bajorian (ok, in all seriousness, there is a no lack of cute bajorian women, I know where I would move...) Aide to O'brian is the bad girl.

I adore the repostes between Obrian and his wife, where his wife warns him of being too friendly to Neela, and then him have a moment of gulping as she starts to express her like of him.

And the Sydney Opera house Hat makes it grand arrival. And Winn is such a great villain. Not as strong as Duet, but close.

9 out of 10.

Season avg of 5.75 if i did my math correctly (I counted the first episode twice due to it being two hours.)

11. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

"Duet" to me is one of the best Star Trek episodes of all time. Words can't describe the power of that scene where Maritza breaks down during his rant and starts crying. The whole episode is essentially Kira and Maritza and it just works so well.

12. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really the only good thing I can say about getting rid of Opaka is that it paves the way for Winn to be the terribly wonderful villain you love to hate.

Duet, is one of the most powerful episodes of Trek ever. I mean Maritza really sells his role and it touches upon a grand moral theme while setting the backstory of Bajor and Cardassia for those who are still confused about it.

13. Distorted Humor

I agree with all the good things said about Duet - it is flat out one of the best of all of Star Trek. I could wax long on duet...but there more episodes to watch.

"The Homecoming"

I think the crew and the cast have there feet more firmly planted now in season 2, and it gets good quickly. Though it is funny, the purple haired trader woman who gives the Ear-ring to Quark, I thought she was hot stuff back in the day. Now she looks like a transvestite.

As for the more serious notes, This is a very strong start to the second season. Li is a unique character as he does not want to be the hero. And him telling the REAL story is fun to hear.

And suddenly, you wonder, is Kira being written off?

6.5 out of 10

"The Circle"

the writing of DS9 is much stronger, and this shows with the interaction in Kira quarters as people are coming in, followed by our fave Bajorian Holy man.

then the rest of the episode is stuff falling apart, and Kira orb moment. "What type of blasphemy is this" is cute, as it is used later. Also you can see that the military has little support for the current government.

7.5 out of ten

"The Siege"

Finishing off the triple Bajorian episodes, and a lot of things are going on. Most likely rushed by Star Trek Standards, and "normal" for today's TV. I still laugh at the "Spider" bit on the moon. And Winn steals the show as a wonderfully "love to hate" person. But you have the crew leaving the station, a battle for DS9, Kira and Dax's adventure in old flying technology, and so on. Lots of fun stuff, and then one of the better (so far) guest stars is killed off.

8.5 out of 10.

"Circle Trilogy"

The first three part of DS9 (And i thnk of Trek) it is one of the strongest Bajorian storylines they created. I happen to think of it as a very good if slightly forgotten storytelling of DS9, as it gets overshadowed by later concepts.

"Invasive Procedures"

Another Dax Episode, and its not the strongest. Though it is fun that the "alien girl" still keeps her eyebrows, which helps her looks for sure. That and she beats Kira with a one on one fight, which is rare. The other Trill in his unjoined state is a bit annoying. Though the actor gets to show his chops once he is Dax.

Still, its not a super-strong episode, but its not a bad episode.

5.5 out of 10

14. Distorted Humor

"Cardassians"

Garak :techman:

"I was in the Underground"

"Oh, Perhaps we have met"

:guffaw:

I happen to like this as a political mystery, One of the nice things about DS9 is that the stories are varied, you have political stories, you have war stories, you have personal stories, you have crime stories, and you have humor episodes among many others.

One good test for a political plot is "does everyone make choices up to their intelligence level. This is a very smart story of a long drawn out political chess game, with our fave tailor outwitting one of the better antagonists (and to a point of his development, the best antagonist in star trek)

That and the child actor does very well, it must be dreadful trying to cast teenage and young actors, as a crappy performance can ruin a episode.

Also, It is almost shocking what the writers actually put in the chiefs mouth. Not that is wrong for the Chief, but just surprising that it made it to the script.

7 out of 10

"Melora"

A little ode to disabled people, but it still not good. I understand that it had a very rough birth from concept to creation. By the time Melora gets the stick out of her rear, I really don't care for her. Though I do like the idea of the Klingon restaurant as a fun change from the normal Klingon setup. At Bashir gets a girl for once.

The "B" Plot was much more fun, and saves the episode from falling in the realm of Bad Star Trek Episodes.

5 of 10

"Rules of Acquisition"

This episode has a major problem.

It not funny enough to be a liked as a humor episode. It lacks drama to be a dramatic episode. Also, the Alien make up is Bad.

And much of the humor is just bad. Its almost impossible to do a farce for part of the episode, then switch to a semi-serious drama.

Though Zek and Kira stuff was ALMOST funny.

Ok, it really wasn't.

3 out of 10

"Necessary Evil"

This starts off as a decent episode, some humor with Rom half wanting Quark dead for the bar, and Rom showing he actually rather smart. then a gate opens up.

And I am blown away as you walk into the occupation.

Then its a decent little whodunit with a surprising twist at the end. Not a jaw dropping surprise, but a "REALLY, cool wow"

Rene blew it out of the water with his acting.

It not QUITE as good as Duet. but it is almost as good.

9.5 out of 10

"Second Sight"

This is not a bad episode, but it does have a major weakness.

its boring as heck.

I don't mind that the guest star is a jerk, I just don't CARE. which is worse then being annoying. You feel nothing as he commits suicide.

3 out of 10

"Sanctuary"

This isn't a good episode, though it does have a few episodes that save it from complete ruin. Though I must say this.

The Guest star of the son is annoying as hell. and outside of the Main guest star, the aliens are just annoying. (but they are not boring at least...

There a few moments that save this episode from complete ruin. The language issues, then Kira buying the dress, and it somewhat saved by the downbeat ending. Which breaks the "TNG feel" to the episode. However I do not want to go out and watch this episode anytime soon.

4.5 out of 10

"Rivals"

Ok, I remember that I did not like this episode when it aired. As in hating it.

Its actually quite good. Guess as i get older, a Con Man playing his games and being conned himself is fun to watch, and the growing friendship of the Doctor and chief.

And I laughed out loud when the poor guy "Won" and then its like "Officer, you have a dead man in here"

Very entertaining. Which is kinda funny as I always disliked this episode.

6 out of 10

"The Alternate"

This should be a good episode, and Odo's "Dad" is likeable. But it just does not work for whatever reason. I cannot pinpoint what I do not like about the episode.

4 out of 10

15. Distorted Humor

"Armageddon Game"

This is a episode that works well enough, as two races decide to go all South Africa and eliminate a WMD, but then decide to eliminate the knowledge as well.

Bashir and O'Brian do have a nice Bromance going, and there is some humor from previous episodes about military rations. Anyways, the federation figures out that the deaths where faked, and go and rescue the pair just in time.

Though the reveal that O'Brian does drink coffee in the afternoon is worth a chuckle.

5.5 out of 10

"Whispers"

This is a VERY good episode of season two, and its amazing what people will do to give someone a surprise birthday party...

Ok, I am joking.

The Paranoia the first time I watched it was wonderful, though on a re-watch, it looses some of its bite as its a long, almost plodding reveal. Still a excellent episode and gives a taste of what DS9 can throw out that is not the usual. Star Trek DOES do some good paranoia episodes, and this is the best of the bunch. The cast does very well in giving some of the performances.

7 out of 10
    Now that I am out of a job, I can work though some of these episodes.

16. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

I LOVE Necessary Evil, I've seen every episode of trek and I would probably put it in the top ten.

For some reason I quite like Sanctuary, despite knowing it's not very good I find myself entertained

Really like Rivals and never could understand the hate. I can see people not liking it but calling it one of the worst DS9 episodes ever just seems strange to me.

I'm a huge fan of the O'Brian/Bashir dynamic but I find Armageddon Game extremely boring.

17. Distorted Humor

"Whispers"

It is not paranoia if they really are out to get you
    ...It is not paranoia if they really are out to get you
    .....It is not paranoia if they really are out to get you

This is a fun episode, though once you learn the ending, the rewatching is less entertaining, as the reveal is very slow. But O'Brian suffers well doesn't he.

7.5 out of 10

"Paradise"

I HATE this episode. I hated it the first time I saw it..and I still hate it. I am not unbiased, so I will not vent.

3 out of 10

"Shadowplay"

This is a fun episode, another name drop of the Dominion, a great Guest Star, and a important B-plot of Kira and our fave Holy man getting it on. Though for whatever reason, I saw the plot a mile away, but hey, still a good episode.

6 out of 10

"Playing God"

I find this episode boring, just no real interest in the Trill plot, and the proto-universe plot is as flat as a soda left out all day. However this is one of the last of the truly boring episodes.

4 out of 10

"Profit and Loss"

Garak :bolian:

This is one of the episodes that is better then it deserves. And it near this time (Though I put it at "Blood Oath" as when DS9 goes "Into gear") when DS9 starts to come into its own. Quark is cute with him being in love, and Garak playing his own game in the the Great game.

6 out of 10

"Blood Oath"

The writers decide to change Dax (To be blunt, I think the post Blood Oath Dax is easier to act, and Farrel was more comfortable with the cute tough girl then the uncommon wise girl.

As for the episode, even if your not a TOS fan, it is great to see the amazing guest actors, and the Albino is a fun bad guy. And it has decent action sequences (Star Trek action sequences are generally rather bad) though I know it can be done on TV at the time, but it was kinda sad not to see the heart cut out and eaten.

7 out of 10

"The Maquis" Part 1 and 2

A Two parter, and I must admit.

I would be supporting the Maquis. There I said it.

Anyways...

Tons of good action, Ships blowing up, kidnapping, one of the cutest and most curious Vulcans put on the small screen, and then a nice space battle.

I know that this was set up more for Voyager, but the Maquis are a great addition to star trek lore. It was a fast paced episode of the time, which means that in todays frenetic pacing, it holds up well.

Part one 7 out of 10
    Part two 8 out of 10

"The Wire"

Garak :bolian:

A fun episode, The writers knew they had a gem in Garak, and started to flesh out him. Dr. Bashir is good, we meet Enabran Tain, and it rolls along. Fun episode, with some great acting.

7 out of 10

"Crossover"

Odo is blown up.

It is still shocking to see Odo blown up, even if it is the Mirror Odo. I know some folks dislike the Mirror episodes, but I happen to think they did a great job with this, and the Intendant is wow.

Hey, DS9 has done Star trek in NU-BSG style, it is the Mirrior episodes of DS9. :devil:

7 out of 10

18. Distorted Humor

I am a bit behind on my Reviews, I am almost finished with season 3....

"The Collaborator"

This is not a bad episode, and the writers make the brilliant choice of making Winn Kai, but much of this episode is Bajorian Politics and Orb experiences, and unless there is a threat of shooting at each other, Bajorian politics can get old quickly. A bit of a snooze of a episode.

5 out of 10

"Tribunal"

Another lukewarm episode, you know that they will save the skin of O'Brian, so much of it is somewhat lacking. Though it is nice to see bits of spoonhead prime and so on. But in the end. it just ...ok

5 out of 10

"The Jem'Hadar"

Now this is a fun episode. Adventure, Dad-Kid time, Ships blowing up, a nice twist at the end. Wonder if Eris just beamed herself out into deep space to avoid capture, after all, there would be another one just like her. that and they blew up a galaxy class star-ship. Still surprising after all this time.

This is a "step up episode" where episodes got consistently better. Even in season 1 they can strike gold (see "Duet") but At blood Oath, the series got stronger, and once again, after this episode, the standard for episodes gets stronger.

8 out of 10

Season 2 in the books

Season 2 Avg is 6

However my impression is that 2 is much stronger then 1, as one as a few great episodes, and then many bad ones, while season 2 is much more constantly stronger.

19. Distorted Humor

I am into season 4 on my watching..however my reviews have not started on season 3 :scream:

Soooo

"The Search" Part 1

First off, the crew gets the Defiant, which was very smart for writing, as it allows the entire crew to sometimes go exploring off the station without resorting to having a Delta of Runabouts, I always liked the sub-commander, shame they didn't make her a reoccurring character.

Odo gets upset about a starfleet officer getting in his security job (The great Lieutenant Commander Michael Eddington), then they crew tramps off to find the founders, are attacked, and we have one of the better action sequences in trek so far (TNG didn't do good action sequences.) Kira wakes up with Odo next to her, landing on a small world. Odo finds his long lost race, of course, we know that this race will be founders, or the anti-founders, but anyways...

7.5 out of 10

"The Search" Part 2

Odo finds out his race is the founders, and there is a fun, conspiracy episode where everything is wrong. It is revealed that the crew was kidnapped and put into a simulation to discover how they would act. Fun stuff, of course, leads to the question, "When did the simulation start?" which is not clearly answered, but it is still a fun start.

8.5 out of 10

"The House of Quark"

Combining a Klingon episode and Ferengi episode? That is ripe for disaster, but it works. Gilka is kinda cute, for a Klingon, and there is some humor as it is the Ferengi meeting the Klingon culture, but this is not a great episode.

the O'Brian family issues is well done, I think it works better to make is wife as being mostly away, or make her a common regular, and it worked better making her mostly away.

6 out of 10

"Equilibrium"

Dax has some "Symbote" issues, which means she almost dies and exposes the trills as covering up stuff. I guess I could rant and go over the confusing role of the trills, which went from a odd one off episode species, to one of the pillars of the federation, and your head hurts unless you think the TNG Trill is another species then the DS9 Trill.

Kinda like the Phyco killer past of Dax, but the episode has a issue, its kinda boring. This is episode no 50

5 out of 10

"Second Skin"

This is a good episode, and I think it would of been better if it was unclear genetic wise if Kira background would be forever hazy, but she just accepted that she was Bajorian, then that it was all a Order plot. Of course, Garak is involved, and is awesome.

I also always heard that Nana V. Hated the makeup...

6.5 out of 10

“The Abandoned”

Quark buys scrap from our fave female freighter captain prior to Kasidy, and finds a baby in it, the baby is a Jem'Hadar. The entire plot feels like exposision on the Jem'Hadar instead of a plot line. The B-plot, that Jake has landed a hot Dabo girl kept me liking the episode a little, and I think this girl was more curious then say, Leeta. Or a darker plot where Starfleet puts the kid in stasis and flies off with him.

4 out of 10

"Civil Defense"

I love this episode..

a minor issue sets off a old security feature, which leads to rising issues till everyone is facing a bad situation. This would of been better as a season 1 episode, but it still a hoot, and the replicated weapon in the replicator blasting away causes me to laugh each time .

I guess I not going to nitpick this episode, it is too much fun.

7 out of 10

"Meridian"

When I think of crappy DS9 episodes, this is the episode that comes to mind, however, it is not the worse episode. However, it is bad when you have Tiron want to have a Holosuite program of Kira, while creepy as heck, is slightly less creepy then Dax falling for a nobody guy on the magical planet main plot. However this is a crappy episode, even if Tiron saves it from being the worse episode.

3 out of 10

"Defiant"

This episode is darn fine, Riker's alter Ego from TNG comes on board, steals the Defiant, and much hilarity ensues,

Ok, just joking.

This is a fun episode, where the Marquis strike again, this time stealing a ship, and exposing a major fleet build up. It is a shame they never revisited the ending.

7.5 out of 10

"Fascination"

This is not a bad episode, but one that I dislike. It is a Farce that I just don't like, I guess it juvenile to me. But it almost works...

5 out of 10

"Past Tense" part 1

they get thrown back into time, (time travel alert) and Dax is sent to the high class society, and the "Darkies" of our commander and doctor are sent to the homeless camps. A good man named Bell tries to protect the commander and doctor, and is killed, and the timeline changes.

So, the commander takes up the dead guys ID, There will be riots.

Good episode, but as subtle as a brick though a window.

6 out of 10

"Past Tense" part 2

The crew fixes the time issue and Bell ID is placed on a dead man. All is fixed. however, it is fun to watch, and a fun episode.

7.5 out of 10

"Life Support "

you know his comment is coming...

This episode is so boring, that I needed life support to stay awake. Though I feel bad for Kira, though it does open the Jake/Kira Shipping that we all know is the best way forward. :p

4 out of 10

20. Distorted Humor

Not sure if anyone is still following but....

"Heart of Stone"

A nice Character episode with a surprise at the end. as for the subplot, it is nice to see nog know his limits.

5 out of 10

"Destiny"

This is a ok episode, and its nothing spectacular, though there is some humor with the cardasian crushing on the Chief. But its nothing special to write home about.

5 out of 10

"Prophet Motive"

This is not a good ferengi episode, the bashir getting nominated for a award is a better plot line. In fact, this is just a bad episode.

4 out of 10

Visionary"

After a couple of best lukewarm episodes, this one knocks it out of the park, where there is a time shift and the Chief keeps seeing himself dead in the future. This is one of the better "good examples" of star trek Deep Space Nine, not the best, but a good example of what the story telling of the show can lead to.

8 out of 10

"Distant Voices"

This episode is bad, REALLY bad plot. however the makeup and acting is better then one would expect, the acting is better then one would expect, and leads to this episode being better thing it has the right to be. Having the tailor around never hurts.

6 out of 10

"Through the Looking Glass" -- Or how to sleep with you female command staff without getting in trouble.

I will just say that the plot is fun, the actress that Plays Jennifer is stunning, and I am sure the actors had fun playing evil. That and my jokes are not as funny as i think they are, and I do not think they are that funny

7 out of 10

"Improbable Cause"

Garak's Shop goes boom.
    Odo and Garak search for clues
    By Tain, the Tailor

8 out of 10

"The Die is Cast"

A fun episode where things rush headlong into a trap, and we learn the founders are the sneaky sort. Excellent episode.

8 out of 10

"Explorers"

This episode should on all accounts be a failure. But it just works.

6.5 out of 10

"Family Business"

After a great run of episodes, they hit this. it is bad.

4 out of 10

"Shakaar"

This episode feels almost rushed, as it almost feels like it should be a two parter. however this Shakaar is much more fun to watch then the boring man that be became as first minister.

6 out of 10

"Facets"

This is a quiet, rather boring episode. Just calling it like I see them, as I know some like this episode. Though seeing spots on Odo is fun. And not a huge fan of Leeta.

4 out of 10

"The Adversary"

A very good episode, but not quite the barnburners that a lot of season finals turn into (though the opening of season 4 is a barnburner). But it is a great paranoid monster hunting episode.

8 out of 10