Favorite Episode: "The Inner Light"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by sgtwebb1, Jul 29, 2008.

1. sgtwebb1

sgtwebb1 Ensign Red Shirt

After watching it tonight. :cool:

2. shatastrophic

shatastrophic Commander Red Shirt

You think? It was pretty good though!

3. highlander

highlander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think you will find that this is a favorite of many Trek fans. It also adds some depth to the scene in "Generations" when Picard learns of Rene's death. He really wants children in his life but puts his career first. Losing Rene must have cut even deeper than he let on.

4. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

It was a superb episode. One of my personal Top 10 and Patrick Stewart turned in an exceptional performance. And the ending was especially poignant (and totally unexpected).

5. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just have to agree. It is one of the few Trek episodes of all series where every aspect of it worked perfectly. Let's see, it had good acting, good writing, good special effects. Gee, I wonder why it was so good...

6. Loupjo

Loupjo Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

A very good episode, one of my faves too.
    This sort of episode is the reason I like Star Trek

7. ZERO_of_ZERO

ZERO_of_ZERO Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Probably my fave episode of TNG ever.

The part where Picard has regained consciousness and instinctively moves to touch a panel to open an "automatic" door on the Enterprise is a very nice touch.

Although I have wondered after 20 years (or however long he was "away")
    how much would he have forgotten about Starfleet procedures etc?

I would have thought he would require a fairly intense refresher course before getting back to "normal".

8. NiteTrek

NiteTrek Captain

Great episode as long as you don't try to over analyze it too much (like I do when I'm bored sometimes.)

For example, it was a bit of a stretch to believe that the civilization on the planet (with their "primitive" rockets) had the technology or scientific knowledge needed to create such a probe which would make Picard believe he lived a lifetime in a matter of minutes.

The flute playing by Picard at the end was a nice touch. :techman:

9. Kegek

Kegek Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    The Ressikian flute theme was great, too. One of the more hauntingly memorable moments in the series, and I liked its reappearance in "Lessons".

"The Inner Light" is definitely one of TNG's, and Star Trek's, shining hours.

10. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

This is a great episode. All the stuff that's happening in Picard's life is very poignant and moving, but my favourite parts are back on the bridge where Crusher is trying to keep him alive. Good stuff.

11. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, this was a wonderful episode. I still enjoying watching it now as much as I did the first time. I wouldn't say it is my favorite of all the Star Trek series, but it is very close.

12. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

Magnificent episode - IMHO, one of the four greatest hours of Star Trek in existence. It has its detractors and that's fine, but for me it's just about perfect.

13. Amaris

Amaris Guest

It's in my top 3, and it is a wonderful episode. I love it and wished it was on the Captain's Log fan collective DVD I just bought.

J.