SMALLVILLE Episode #9-21: "Hostage" *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, May 7, 2010.

?

Rate "Hostage"

Poll closed Jun 6, 2010.
  1. SUPERMAN! (Excellent!)

11.8%
  2. The Blur (Above Average)

58.8%
  3. CLARK KENT(Average)

17.6%
  4. Kal El (Below Average)

5.9%
  5. BIZARRO!? (POOR!)

5.9%
  1. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

and by "computer-savvy", you mean able to hack her way past any computer security system on earth, with no problems, in under 5 seconds. Always been one of her more ridiculous "abilities", if they wanted to keep her a normal person. Could have made it her super-power, once they revealed she was kryptonite-infected as well, but they hit another plot hole, so she can bring people back to life with her tears instead...

2. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Isn't the reason was her being Brainiac-jacked, but when "freed" she retained some of the computer (hacking) skills?

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Nope, she'd been doing that for years before Braniac was ever mentioned. Couple keystrokes from the, uh, supercomputer at the high school journalism club office, and she'd be right past a DoD database. And not just a website, but databases that wouldn't be connected to anything at all. Need a satellite repurposed without anyone noticing somehow? No problem. Need to hack a security door at a research facility, but only brought a dell laptop? Faster than R2-D2.

Her superpower is that her tears raise the dead. How much worse of a mary-sue can you get, to bend this into the other thread? She runs with a crowd od superheroes, and they all stand in awe of her for some reason...

4. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

This.

If that is the case, it has never been mentioned, suggested, or implied on the show.

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

like i said, she'd been doing it for YEARS before Brainiac was ever mentioned, so he can't be the cause. Just shitty writing, having a 16 year old girl defeat any computer on Earth, and have a decent shot at Kryptonian tech as well.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Chloe has indeed been very talented with the computer...there are several examples of her skills during the high school years using the computer. To answer the op's question regarding when did elevate from "sidekick" to "Watchtower" that occurred shortly after season five. Again...sigh...the advanced technological abilities she displayed were given to her through her possession by Brainiac. When the Legion extracted and destroyed Brainiac those were removed. Chloe confirms this when Clark asks her if she still has any super computer wiz abilities left and she says no. She's just Kevin Mitnick smart now...and there's a no-prize in it for anyone who can successfully answer who that is.

7. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Commander Red Shirt

I don't know this whole season has been infuriating, some good shows but an all over the place Arc. I mean Martha the Head of Checkmate, they are'nt exactly the good guys are they? I'm not really sure of their motives, how are hers different from Waller's objectives. I can't see martha doing any of this even to protect Clark.

8. Admiral_Young

@ David Scarpa Martha is not working for Checkmate. She's working against Checkmate to protect Clark. I think you are getting somewhat confused, Checkmate is one organization that Amanda Waller controls one faction of and is known as the Black Queen (I think) Maxwell Lord controls an opposing faction of Checkmate...Martha is opposing them both.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Martha was the Red Queen of Wonderland that makes Clark Wonderman not Superman.

I liked seeing Lois' Wonder Woman suit again.

10. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

Exactly. And, as I stated earlier in this thread, I think that Martha has taken over as director of the Swann Foundation in her creating the Red Queen persona. It seems to me that she would have been on the short list of possible successors designated by the late Dr. Swann (Christopher Reeve). Smart, educated, well versed with Krypton, and determined to protect Clark at all costs so that he can achieve his destiny. Not to mention the Senate connection that happened after his death which would have been the cherry on top of that perfect sundae.

11. Admiral_Young

^ That's an interesting theory which could be plausible if the writers even remember what the hell the Swann Foundation is.

12. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

They can't even remember who Gabe Sullivan is so I doubt they'll remember the Swann Foundation.

Like I said, I hated the storyline but it makes no sense not to bring Lana back for the final battle. She has all of Clark's strengths and none of his weaknesses. The Kandorians can't even get close to her.

13. Admiral_Young

I agree on the Lana issue...stated so many prior occasions. Even being one woman but with that much Kryptonite oozing on her body how could she not possibly be involved in this battle? The obvious guess is that Kristen Kruek either didn't want to return or was unavailable to return.

I laughed at the Gabe Sullivan comment...I can imagine someone in that room during a writer's meeting asking...what? Chloe has a dad? Since when?

14. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Obviously being around that much Kryptonite turned her into a Meteor Freak, and her "power" was that her face and voice changed. Possibly into a perky redhead.

15. Broccoli

Ha...why bring Lana back? They'd just make Clark dump Lois and pine for Lana again.

16. Admiral_Young

^ Please don't even joke about that *shudders*

17. Broccoli

18. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope they do.

I've always liked the idea of: Swann Technologies Advanced Research Laboratories--especially if they plan on using Juliani more.

19. Broccoli

^ I see what you did there.