Smallville#8-13: "Power" Discuss/Grade <SPOILER>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Jan 29, 2009.

?

Grade Smallville#8-13: "Power"

1. SUPERMAN

4.5%
  2. Above Average

18.2%
  3. Clark Kent

27.3%
  4. Below Average

18.2%
  5. BIZARRO

31.8%
  1. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

An average episode turned BIZARRO thanks to its ending.

Damn it, we have 2 more episodes of Lana angst ?
    I got nothing against Kreuk, but those writers can't get their head out of their ass when it comes to the Lana/Clark relationship.

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it really is time for the show to end.

After last season I told myself I wasn't going to watch anymore. But then I heard what they were going to do and figured it was going to be a train wreak. So, of course, I just had to watch. Then I found myself starting to like it. But per usual, I was only setting myself up for disappointment as they've reverted back to the same old B.S.

I just feel really bad for Mack. I hope this doesn't turn out to be her one and only chance to direct; she show a lot of promise. Some of her shots were really quite good. And, she was even able to pull out a good performance by that chick who plays Chloe.

3. I'd actually become a fan of the show again for the first half of the season.

Thanks for ruining it Lana!!!

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I agree the show should end.

Its so schizophrenic. These writers only seem to have a hand full of ideas for each of these characters. So they are rotating back and forth between those. Not that their potential is limited to what these writers can think up. Of course not! But its what we are stuck with for this show.

I can understand wanting more episodes with Lois. I agree. But its seems TPTB have done all the Lois episodes they had ideas for. We would be just as frustrated if she was in episodes she served no purpose.

The idea of a perfect season 9 is unrealistic. This show has never been consistent in quality. Plus the fact that they STILL don't seem to have a endgame in mind. They are just spinning their wheels.

5. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

NO! Just one, just one.

She still had five episodes on her contract from last season due to the writer's strike. She came back in "Bride" just before the holiday break. That was one. Since then there has been "Legion", "Bulletproof", and "Power" as 2,3 and 4. Next week's "Requiem" is five. And that is it. She will be gone and Lois will be back in the following "Infamous" which will not be airing until the beginning of March. Yes, they will be taking a three week break after next week. But at least this Lana drivel will be over.

6. Starwind

Starwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm going to watch the end of next week (don't think I could somach the whole thing) to see how it all ENDS. Then forget any of it ever happened.

7. Zachary Smith

Zachary Smith Vice Admiral Admiral

You forgot to mention that the Castaways plans for escaping the island are ruined by a screw-up caused by Gilligan!

8. blockaderunner

blockaderunner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Someone at the CW must have broken into the petty cash vault to by one more teny bopper song to cap off the show. And here I thought that was a thing of the past.

9. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I kinda liked it. Above Average. They had some nice ret-coning going on there, but I like how they played with one of the huge "wtf" moments with how the hell did Lana get a camera and make a video so damn quick from waking up after a coma.

10. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

It really didn't need explaining. A lot of personal computers come equipped with cameras these days and DVD burners are pretty common and cheap. My iMac has it all built-in right off the shelf, software and all, and it is three years old. It didn't stretch my imagination to think that there was a computer there at the asylum somewhere that was able to do the same. Hardly a "huge 'wtf' moment". For me it was more of a "She's gone! She's gone! Ya-hooo! She's finally gone!" moment. Particularly with Lois walking in right after Clark first watched it and he fell right into her arms.

11. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was a great moment, wasn't it? I think that I actually began to really like Lois at that point.

I just can't believe what a huge step backwards this is for the overall story, and that the new showrunners can't see that. Couldn't they have just paid KK for those five eps and let her sit them out, the same way they did with Glover?

12. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yeah, Lana/KK needs to go away real damn soon. People here seem to pretty universaly agree her arc last night set this series back, a LOT.

TWOP's take on it.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't mind this episode, for some reason. I kinda liked the flashback structure and the Chun Li Kwai Chang Kane Remo Williams Super Lana story worked for me on its own terms, sad to say she's more interesting than cosmic milquetoast Clark lately.

Really though if Lex was working on a super "suit" shouldn't it be green and purple?

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The thing about it is... Smallville can take shots at their fans on the basis of them being Smallville fans! :lol:

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I will say the retcon explaination of what happened to Lana over the last seven months was pretty interesting but as I stated in another post totally unneccessary. The way things ended last season with Lana leaving Smallville to go do her own thing and leaving Clark her infamous breakup video was great. I have found it amusing that they've forced all these new martial arts moves on Lana thanks to Kristen's role in Street Fighter. I wonder if that was one of the stipulations of her even agreeing to do do more episodes was them "promoting" or hinting at Street Fighter. Certinally Smallville fans would be aware of her role as Chung Li.

I've been a big proponent of the series ending this season as well. I'm curious if CW will give them a ninth season and what their plans will be. I assume that Doomsday will be dealt with at the end of the season. Unless they do a 24 and suddenly introduce another plot which would be meaningless. Didn't I read somewhere a few that Tom was in neotigations for a ninth season?

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay, yeah, I get you. Even still. The fact that she woke from a coma and with the implication that she woke, made a video, and completely high tailed it out of town within a day's time really stretched credibility. Then again, I thought, "Hey, this is Smallville. Run with it."

Haha! I totally was thinking the same thing!

I just thought it was more of the random Lana-Fu we've seen over the past 8 years.

Kryptonsite has reported that a ninth season is all, but a done deal. I'm guessing there will be an announcement one way or another within the next few weeks.

17. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

True, it's not like Lana Fu is an unprecedented development.

18. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

I don't know ... I think "Kung Lang" is a catchier label ...

--Ted

19. Jean-Luc Picard

Jean-Luc Picard Lieutenant Red Shirt

7 out of 10.

I'm not keen on Lana having powers at all, but I'm hoping that storyline's resolution in "Requiem" will be satisfying. I can understand her motivations, and the flashback sequences were great, but she should - in my opinion - never have been successful in getting abilities. Then again, I don't know what PS3 have planned for the general narrative, so I can't judge at this point.

However, I can't help but feel disappointed. Just when Lana is being portrayed as a strong character independent of Clark, they make her Super-Lana and throw her back into Clana. All I can say is: BRING ON LOIS! I can't wait until she's back :(

20. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do you think the writers would be able to squeeze in a 30-second fight in the season finale where Clark pushes Doomsday and that's the end?