Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by JJ-R, Sep 5, 2012.

1. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Who is complaining about the extra's? If you read properly you will see the only ire people have had is with being mislead. I too am "psyched"!

2. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed, I think everyone will agree that the VAM in Season 2 is amazing, probably the best of any Trek released yet. I think the "letdown" many people are expressing is that these other extras were really hyped up and expected to be revolutionary, but IMO deleted scenes and bloopers are a routine (even expected) addition to most DVD/Bluray releases.

That said, I'm hyped about S2 and December can't get here soon enough!

3. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'm hoping to not pay more than sixty dollars for it, which is what I paid for season one at Best Buy.

5. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Routine and expected for most shows made today. TNG however is a show that was made 25 years ago where bonus features and extras were not even contemplated. Heck, the bloopers from season one looked like they were made for those who worked on the show and were never meant for the public to see since it has adult language and very blatent sexual references. When bloopers are made today, the actors know that what's being filmed will most likely be seen by the whole world. Back than, not the case.

6. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Even with the Amazon price it's better than what you would have had to pay for the DVDs a decade ago, which had a retail price of $139.99.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I know. I bought the DVD's when they came out as well. :techman:

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Just pre-ordered mine from Best Buy!

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
    #113 in Movies & TV
    #35 in Movies & TV > Blu-ray

Whoa, that's a huge jump in sales. I guess that's what happens when the price is lowered to a more reasonable amount.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  10. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I want to preorder this so bad, but my PC might not be able to play thanks to encryption nonsense.

11. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

I get what you guys are saying. I guess what I mean is, to me, and considering how long ago this season was, the fact they got 13 never before seen minutes, is amazing. I just don't know what more people were realistically expecting. 3D?

12. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

Did your S1 discs play? They have new encryption keys too. S2 will likely have the same ones.

13. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I never got S1. I held off because of the audio glitches and because S1's episode lineup wasn't all that great, so I have no idea if it works with the latest AACS decrypter that VLC uses.

14. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Get yourself a program called AnyDVD HD and you'll be good to go with any disc!

15. Maxwell Everett

Unfortunately, the S1 discs don't play even with the latest version of VLC, so you'd have to try another software player, or decrypt the discs first... or find an inexpensive Blu-ray player.

If you have a jailbroken PS3, the latest custom firmware that's out now (4.30) has the current AACS keys. When I first got the S1 set, I couldn't play the discs and had to use my $50 Panasonic player I got last December.

16. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:rolleyes: For crying out loud! Absolutely no-one implied that the extras would be revolutionary. If anyone is disappointed with these extra features they're just bloody ingrates IMO. For one we get deleted scenes, pretty much a first for Trek shows, if you disregard Ent. We're getting a totally remastered EXTENDED frigging version of Measure of a Man and audio commentaries. And let's not forget that all episodes have been remastered from 35 mm. What the hell more do you want?

17. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Amazon lowered the price to $79.99, so I finally pre-ordered it:beer:

18. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

These extras are the greatest ever....I caught a glimpse of the new theatrical event trailer and the split second of Q Who borg interior footage impressed me! I just pre-ordered it after the price came down!!

19. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah I paused up on that. Not the greatest matte ever (at least by what we could see), but still for the time, and for what it was trying to show us, it was very impressive for a weekly tv series.

20. Maxwell Everett

Nice healthy amount of grain in that new footage. I like it. Looks just like S1. Certain shots in the S2 trailer on the S1 set were quite heavily DNR'd:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]