Potentially HUGE spoilers, read at your own risk

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by RAMA, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Why would you use medical equipment on a robot? If he was a robot, wouldn't Scotty be the one taking a look at him or at least someone familiar with machines?

2. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

Well he has probably been disguised as a human for a while because he is a star fleet officer. He must be able to fool all sensors/transporters into seeing him as a human but maybe it is Marcus who shows the crew what he really is and how to scan him properly. Maybe it is like the Cylon skin jobs. They demonstrated super strength and abilities but appeared human.

3. crucifixion

crucifixion Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

While it does scream of total fanwank, the fact is, if you put together what we know of right now through countdown #3 and the last trailer, its actually the most logical scenario (if you exclude the villian of the week scenario).

But with that said, it can't be it because you have to look a the real world implication and the real world story is that these guys are trying to make Star Trek into a cool thing that a new person can jump into without needing to know anything. So JH will probably be revealed in a one sentence line near the end like Miranda Tate was Talia. So they can't spend all of their time with the son of Mudd because who is Mudd and why is he important. Then why is it important for JH to be an android, etc etc. Too many fanwank layering to make it work.

But again, based on what we know right now, it makes total sense. To me the dead giveaway is a) this came exactly after the new trailer and comic and b) its from a site we never heard of. So this is no different than me or you posting threads with our opinion and calling it fact because we have "sources"

4. Flake

It is fanwank to the extreme and sounds weird but it makes sense.... Having him exposed as an android will be interesting... Sort of like he could be hit by a phaser blast but instead of blood and guts its wires and stuff :p

I'm sure this is done in a movie where it's revealed someone is an android in this way but ATM I can't remember it's name.

5. Flake

Oh shit it's alien, lol :p

6. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Of course it's a joke.

But encouraging anyone to watch the final episode of Enterprise is just plain cruel.

7. Flake

I am starting to worry that the plot twists might be so lame they ruin the movie :)

8. Flake

Anthony Pascale at Trekmovie.com now saying its a FAAAKKKEEEEEE and posting the Vreenak movie in response to this but I am not dismissing it so easily. Trekmovie.com also said it was Khan months ago....

9. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:rofl:

And they were doing so well too... until they had to go and bring Enterprise into this.

Anyway as far as I'm concerned, the final episode of Enterprise was the one with Peter Weller in it! ;)

10. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Porthos is the mastermind behind all of it, he wants revenge on Scotty.

Also he'd like some cheese.

11. Flake

12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

It was a fun theory and I like it better than KHAN!! :lol:

Kudos to the originator of this rumor. On the surface, it fit all the evidence we had so far, was plausible (if unlikely) and further fed the speculation on the mystery of the 6 prospects. It also temporarily fooled Trekmovie.:techman:

13. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was a totally ridiculous fabrication which no one should have believed.

14. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I actually put forward the proposal that "Harrison = Harry's Son" last week. Not that I believed it, but I'm glad/amused it got some traction.

That being said, I had actually been thinking that GATT-5000, or whatever his name is, is probably an android associated with Harry Mudd (but Mudd will not be the arch villain).

15. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Andriod or Augment...

Is there another choice??

Perhaps Gatt-5000 is the key that gives Harrison away at some point in the movie?

16. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

From the nature of the posts in this thread, I don't think anyone did.

It was a juvenile stunt to draw attention to him and his website. Then came the pompous (and intellectually shallow) lecture he posted later about how the point of his hoax was that anyone can conceive of anything at this point and we should all just chill. Congratulations, Dilworth. You got your fifteen minutes of fame.

17. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Dilworth" - now there's a name... :lol: