Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I must say I like the Jor-El one a little more too.
    Now that we are done with the TDKR, I wonder which movie we could expect the next big trailer to be attached to.

2. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

The Hobbit.

3. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Duh.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Possibly "SkyFall" since it comes out before "The Hobbit", the latter is more likely though for the first full trailer.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Those two seem like pretty good guesses to me. I guess we're actually done with comic book movies for a while now, aren't we? At least big superhero ones.

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because contrails aren't created by jet technology.

7. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I just saw the trailer. It felt like more of a Gorton's Frozen Fish Stick trailer than a Superman trailer. :(

8. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I kind of liked the teaser trailer, I'm still on the fence about Nolan's sense of realism which I felt while watching it, but I did like the flying at the end even though it remined me of the first Iron Man trailer.

9. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

At first, i though i was seeing a trailer with World's Deadliest catch the movie, as i think someone else on here mentioned. Just didn't impress me at all.

10. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Saw that in the trailer, might just be a visual representation of vortices in his wake, he's flying so fast as such an odd shape he's just disturbing the air that much,

11. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

By water vapor from jet engines, or by the pressure differences in the vortex around each wingtip. :)

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Because it looks cool, that's why. :D

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Thank you! I was trying to place the music . . ..

14. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

The "or" there lets the air out (so to speak) of the "does he have jet engines" question.

Contrails are created by the condensation of water vapor, like any other cloud.

15. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yep. Any flying object (or moving object, really) creates a wake in the air behind it. A man flying at supersonic speeds is going to create a LOT of air disturbance in his wake especially as air is moved around him, gets compressed behind him, condensing water in the atmosphere into a visible vapor.

16. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved the trailer. Not as awesome as the Comic-Con trailer, but damn, I'm really excited for this.

17. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

So, was the little kid in the trailer supposed to be Clark? If so, who is he imitating by wearing the towel cape? Captain Marvel?

18. Admiral_Young

That was Young Clark. Don't think he was meant to be imitating anyone, it's obviously supposed to imply the imagery of children playing as Superman, as well as foreshadowing Clark becoming Superman at the same time. It is possible that Clark has been influenced by someone though, too early to tell at this point. That was one of my favorite scenes in the teaser.

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

It could be Clark, but it could just as easily be some generic footage filmed only for the teaser to create a certain mood. Just like the shot of the water or the bird (which I doubt will be in the movie).

Hell, the Trek movie had a whole teaser with a guy welding on top of the Enterprise, which looked like it cost a fortune and STILL didn't appear in the movie! Lol

20. Admiral_Young

Why wouldn't it be Young Clark? That shot is shown right after the shot of the photograph of Jonathan and Clark. Plus later on we see him standing in the Superman pose with the same dog that is with adult Clark.