4th Adventure Game announced

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by 23skidoo, Dec 2, 2010.

1. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

The BBC has announced that the 4th Adventure Game release, entitled Shadows of Vashta Nerada, will be issued on Christmas Day. As usual, it will be available for free download (don't nitpick - I know it isn't "free-free", licence payers) within the UK with a commercial release following internationally.

http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/Final-Adventure-Game-set-for-Christmas-Day.aspx

I checked the Direct2Drive website a couple weeks ago and they were already taking pre-orders for the 4th game, so whether that means it'll be available soon after or we'll have to wait a few months over here before it is released for purchase, there's no way to tell.

http://www.direct2drive.com/9782/pr...he-Adventure-Games---Episode-3-and-4-Download

Once again, both Windows and Mac versions of the game are being issued in the UK, while it again appears only the Windows version is getting international issue (based on the listing at Direct2Drive).

Alex

2. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I'm not currently paying a licence, so it's all free for me :p

Still not finished the Cyberman game yet, but it's good. My laptop's not quite good enough to handle the game smoothly unfortunately.

3. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did they ever release the 3rd game in the US?

4. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

No, not yet.

5. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

^ Yes, they did. I downloaded and played it at least a month if not two ago.

6. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, you're right. The page for the game on Direct2Drive indicates that it's not available for purchase yet, which is what led me to believe that. I now see though that they have it available as part of a coupe different bundles.

7. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

^ Yes, I bought the 3&4 bundle, so whenever #4 comes out I should just be able to download it.

8. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping that now all 4 games are out, and once D2D makes the bundle available that we might finally get an international release of the Mac version. There really was no excuse for them not to issue it. I used to blame Direct2Drive for this until someone actually got a response from them other than an automated reply and was told the BBC decided not to release the Mac version outside the UK.

The only possible rationale I can think of is that maybe it has something to do with another company having the license to make the newly announced iPhone game, The Mazes of Time for BBC America. Maybe they've got Apple exclusivity which is preventing Mac releases of the Adventure Games.

(PS. I have looked into the whole "proxy" business as a possible way of running the Mac games. Indeed, I had uninstalled copies of the first 2 games on my machine for a few months. But all the instructions I heard pretty much required hacking skills and I wasn't willing to risk screwing up my new Mac just so I can play a couple of (by many accounts) "minor" games. I'm only interested in them because they're considered canon (so says Moffat, as a couple of the games are supposed to tie into certain episodes) and because Matt and Karen provided voiceovers. Otherwise I'd be as happy to ignore them as I was to ignore Dalek Attack, Top Trumps, Destiny of the Doctors, and the new Wii and DS games that were only issued in Europe.

Alex

9. Capt_Pickirk

Capt_Pickirk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yaaaayyy!!!!!

10. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone actually played this? I'm just downloading it now...