A Night in Sickbay.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Tora Ziyal, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

I just spent a night in sickbay. I'm sorry, I mean I just watched A Night in Sickbay. ;)

I think it's one of the funniest/silliest episodes in all Trek. In a good way. What do the rest of you think of it?

2. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was fun and silly as well. :) I enjoyed having a captain who was utterly wrong (human!) and a Vulcan science officer as well as the physician explain how wrong he is. I also thought the idea of a captain/science officer romance was interesting. It's kind of like having Kirk and Spock as buddies, except that Spock is a chick.

3. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^^ That, and it's just so surreally un-Trek-like that I have to like it, despite itself.

Have you noticed that ENT characters mostly use the gym when they have sexual frustrations to work out? This and "Bound" are my two pieces of evidence.

4. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

This was a fun episode. I don't get the hate. I really don't.

5. I am Surak

I am Surak Captain Captain

I - Surak - am still freaked out by the subservient quadriped submerged in the glass container. An emotion I did not anticipate.

6. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Seems like this topic comes up on a regular basis. As always:

ANIS sucked. One of the worst hours ever produced by Star Trek. It was obnoxious, aggressively unfunny, and built around the premise that Archer had the social skills of a bratty four-year-old with the temperament of a spoiled infant. I can only agree with the reviewer over at the Agony Booth who summed up his reaction thusly.

So, basically, I can't stress enough how much I hate this episode.

7. Willieck

Willieck Commander Red Shirt

Sorry Rear Admiral Gep Malakai, it's one of my favourites too.

8. Tora Ziyal

I kind of suspected some people might hate it. Their loss.

9. Tora Ziyal

Yes, it freaked me out, too.

In my household, the quadripeds are both feline. I haven't yet succeeded in convincing them that they are subservient. But I do love that phrase!

10. Willieck

Willieck Commander Red Shirt

Hey. That's offensive.

11. AMQ

AMQ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It was a little too much. Characters were too much unlike themselves so that made the episode feel a little bit like a parody ;) I don't hate it, it was fun.

12. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

Very.

13. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've seen it several times and still enjoy it. I found it fun and silly which is something Trek was lacking in for several years prior to ENT.

14. Shatnertage

If you get hung up on Archer acting "un-captain-like," just convince yourself ANiS takes place in a parallel universe.

In general, I like the humorous episodes better than the heavy ones ("Singularity" is one of my ENT favorites).

15. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

Singularity was one of mine as well.

16. I am Surak

I am Surak Captain Captain

Well said! Humour and joy are emotions even I - Surak - can engage in. Behind closed doors of course.

17. Shatnertage

:lol:

18. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    One of the better episodes.

19. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I don't consider it to be one of the worst hours in Trek, but it was -- for me -- a pretty painful one for one reason: I was finally starting to see a captain who appeared to be growing into the job and then this petulant pissant shows up and ruins it for me. ...

Archer knew how sensitive the Kretassans were, so he brought a dog to the negotiations. And yes, he did forward Porthos' genome, but what would that tell them? It wouldn't alert them to a dog's propensity to pee on trees. Idiot. Even on Earth, where people know and like dogs, they would still expect the owner to make sure it was OK to bring him along on a visit.

Best scene: T'Pol telling Archer off in the rec room.

20. Monty_66

Monty_66 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I agree. T'Pol telling Archer off with that sardonic expression: "I obviously can't keep up with you" is hilarious.

'Singularity' is also one of my favourite 'light-hearted' Enterprise episodes. So many amusing moments; Tucker ignoring T'Pol and making a racket on the bridge; Reed's 'tactical alert' and "This isn't a bloody pleasure cruise!".