My Ancient Ship Hierarchy

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Brent, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

As a fan of the series, and for fun as a hobby, I want to create my own version of Ancient Ship design, specifications and the entire hierarchy. I will use the ships from the show for inspiration, and make my own additions/changes and add my own flare to process out a complete hierarchy of Ancient ships.

I’m starting off by writing all my ideas down for what I want and want to see your responses and feedback from what I’ve got in mind. Ultimately, I'd like to get a 3D program, and model this all out and see it. I think it would be epic.

I’ll start at the bottom, the smallest ship, and work my way up. In this I’m assuming that all Ancient City Ships have ZPM manufacturing facilities within them capable of easily producing ZPMs.

Let’s start with a few weapons that I’ll be using:

Mini-Drones – These mini-drones are half the size of full size drones that city ships and warships use. They are still quite destructive, but pretty much half the destruction amount as a full size drone, they can pierce Goa’uld shields and Asgard shields like they weren't even there just like their full size brothers which gives them a large advantage, even though their destructive force is halved. They accomplish this by using a pocket of subspace to penetrate shields. They are thought guided just like the large drones.

Offensive Pulse Blaster (name not finalized) – Take what you know of Asgard and Goa’uld pulse weapons and apply here. They can very in power.

Directed Beam – Take what you know of the Ancient directed beam satellite or Ori directed beam satellite. They can very in power intensity.

Now for the ships, starting from smallest to largest.

Puddle Jumper – I will be taking the puddle jumper idea and expanding on it. First of all, I like the original design concept of the Jumper better than what they have now. So this is what I’m going to base my design off of. The idea is still the same, a sublight craft capable of Stargate travel. Its main purpose will be to explore planets, and for transportation from city ship to city ship in my “sphere” of city ships I’ll get to later. Here are some of the specs:

- Not powered by ZPM, it will use whatever power source is in use now.
    - It will be able to hit sublight speeds only, up to 3/4th the speed of light.
    - It will fit through Stargates
    - It will have shields
    - It will have cloak
    - It will have a standard compliment of 24 mini-drones
    - It will have low intensity Offensive Pulse Blasters
    - It will be thought controlled
    - It will be able to sit 8 people comfortably, 4 in the forward section, 4 in the rear
    - It will have floating holographic displays that anyone can call up right in front of them
    - It will have also support voice control and interactive computer as well as manual control, but primary control will be thought by whoever is in the “primary” chair.

FTL Long Range Fighter/Shuttle (name not finalized) – This puppy is larger than a Jumper and therefore does not fit through Stargates. Think of this as maybe slightly bigger than a runabout size. This one is powered by 1 ZPM and has FTL capabilities and better weapons as well as more room for transport. This one can be launched from the battle cruisers or city ships and will mainly be restricted to travel within the galaxy (though it does support intergalactic capability, but not as fast as larger ships). Because it is powered by a ZPM it can travel to other galaxies, but the hyperdrive generator is much smaller than other ships so it is still limited in that regard. With the ZPM it would take it 1.5 weeks to get from Atlantis to Earth, so better pack some food. It does however have plenty of speed to travel WITHIN galaxies. These ships fit nicely in city ships and battle cruisers.

- Powered by 1 ZPM
    - Beefed up shields due to ZPM
    - Sublight speeds same as Jumper
    - Hyperdrive capable of fast inter-galaxy travel, or slow Intergalactic travel
    - Able to Cloak and also able to have shields activated while cloaked thanks to ZPM
    - It will have a standard compliment of 124 drones
    - It will have a beefed up offensive pulse blaster thanks to ZPM
    - It will have 1 directed beam capability, but at half the strength of full directed beam capability of battle cruisers and warships. Still pretty good though.
    - It will be thought controlled and here is where the fun begins. With the advanced computers and power of the ZPM it will have the capability to fire and lock on with both the blasters and directed beam doing DIFFERENT things. For example you can be blasting Wraith darts with the blasters and AT THE SAME TIME have the Directed Beam LOCKED ONTO a Wraith Cruiser firing constantly at it, perhaps at its weapons systems. This way you are fighting 2 things at once. One of these shuttles then take on an attack from Wraith darts AND a Wraith Cruiser at the same time.
    - This will be able to sit 16 comfortably
    - Same computer and holographic support
    - It also supports ring type transportation capability and can land easily, very maneuverable.

Warships – Warships are just about what you’ve seen so far in the series, with a few changes. I’ll make a few design modifications. These ships can hold about 500 people, and are not as big as a battle cruiser. Their advantage is that they are small enough for fast maneuvering. They are powered by 2 ZPMs. You could fit 4 warships inside a battle cruiser, or park them outside city ships.

- Powered by 2 ZPMs
    - Powerful shields since you can either balance power or split power to let one whole ZPM handle shield power.
    - Sublight speeds same as Jumper and Shuttle
    - Hyperdrive engines that thanks to the 2 ZPM’s is extremely fast, this ship is capable of reaching Atlantis to Earth in 1 day.
    - Able to cloak and have shields enabled
    - Can carry 500 people
    - This one has a standard compliment of 500 full size drones and 1000 mini-drones
    - This one has two full power pulse blasters, one forward, one aft
    - 1 full power directed beam weapon
    - Thought controlled with same computer support as others
    - Same ability to lock on directed beam and blasters on multiple objects at same time
    - Ring transporters
    - Also able to carry 6 jumpers on board

Full Size Battlecruise – Think BSG cruiser here, but very big. This thing can hold 2000 people on board. It can hold 4 warships OR 16 shuttles and 32 jumpers. The purpose of this thing, large people transport or battle cruiser.

- This thing is powered by 3, yes 3 ZPMs
    - Sublight speeds same as others
    - It has powerful shields
    - Can clock with shields
    - It can support 2000 full sized drones and 5000 mini-drones.
    - It has 3 full power offensive blasters
    - It has 2 full power directed beam weapons, one forward, one aft
    - It can lock on with all 5 units on different targets at the same time and continually fire
    - Ring transporters
    - This thing can also land very easily either on land or water
    - Hyperdrive is capable of faster Intergalactic travel, has a very large hyperdrive reactor and with the 3 ZPM’s can literally get to Atlantis to Earth in 3 hours. This is by far the fastest ship the Ancients have.

City Ships – These ships are like what you see now but with some design modifications. These are entire flying cities. They can hold around 5 million people comfortably on each one. These have 10, yes count ‘em, 10 ZPMs each.