Star Trek Rock Opera

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by bbjeg, May 28, 2013.

1. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Video editing is a hobby of mine and I created an instrumental rock opera tribute to Star Trek, with music from "Invincible" and "Power of Darkness" by Two Steps From Hell, a single from "Unearthed" by E.S. Posthumus's and a single from "The Matrix Soundtrack" by Rob Dougan (listings on the page). This chronological opera contains no actors, composed of CGs, sets, and models covering Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, Star Trek: Nemesis, and Star Trek (film).

http://youtu.be/AITmqxmI4uo

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  2. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

...And it's a little over 30 minutes long so in your free time.

3. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Just pointing out a few things I've noticed and hid through out the video. :borg:

01:26 Kirk would have shot first.
    01:39 Showing Kronos at the beginning of a song titled Kronos.
    08:46 Was it really Janeways fault they got stuck there?
    10:04 The one time she gets to fly the ship and it crashes.
    11:27 He can't do that in federation space!
    12:21 Season 6 but...
    13:44 Not exactly how that transitioned but same premise.
    15:32 Starfleet will have a hard time coming back from a militant species after that.
    17:06 How many crew members wet themselves after that scene?
    19:31 One of my favorite scenes of a ship attacking to the beat.
    20:01 My most favorite transition between songs.
    22:30 I think that's a good song edit with that scene
    23:47 Janeway would have given them shielding to defend against the next wave right? They were stranded at the end of that episode.
    24:04 Another favorite scenes of a ship attacking to the beat. Tough lining that one up.
    24:47 A hunter species they could have gone further with.
    26:58 Did the Klingons destroy Romulus in Abrams Star Trek? Romulans should have seen a supernova coming from years ahead.
    27:40 Those scenes lined up well. (I wanted to put that crash scene next but the Cg's looked confusing without dialog)
    27:57 Starfleet should have invited the Breen to the party.
    29:50 Who can trust Cardassians after a double backstab?
    30:32 What, Earth isn't good enough to send a Tactical cube to? Screw you Borg!
    31:00 Romulans and Cardassians would make a good union. At a flip of a coin they may join your side or back stab you.
    31:20 With all the technology they came across, you'd think Janeway would have came up with something like that without help.
    33:29 Klingons did it I tell you! ^26:58
    33:39 One of the most destructive ships in Star Trek history, and it's Vulcan?
    33:54 Can you imagine if they drop that infront of the wormhole instead of Sisco's mines? I'd feel bad for Kirk but super effective.

4. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Good music and a nicely edited montage of clips. Good work.

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Well, Klingons have to do some GWAR. They are the best at doing Hair Band stuff after all.

6. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

So I was working on an HD version but my computer crashed during it. When trying to recover the hard-drive, everything was erased. The only way to to make it all HD now is to start from scratch, which isn't likely. Some of the scenes I had were HD but mixing them with lower quality videos reduced the entire resolution in YouTube. This version will have to do for now.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  7. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I just started working on an HD version of the video in the OP (or in my signature) and accepting any tips or suggestions for this version. Special thanks will be added on the YouTube page for suggestions that gets used.

8. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral