The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

Great new trailer, love the way it slowly builds tension (with the scenes and with the music). The only thing that didn't seem to fit (for me) was the "funny part" at the end (not saying it won't fit in the film, but here in the trailer it's out of place).

2. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Those are 3 solid, solid actors that will undoubtedly give great performances. No brainer.

Trailer was very decent, Bane really came off as a hulking menace that you don't want to mess around with. It also looks fascinating in the sense of the journey Bruce Wayne/Batman will have to take in this movie. And go figure, I was initially really anti-Ann Hathaway as Catwoman but what I saw in the trailer I liked very much.

And Batman's right. It's not a car.

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

A point that has been noticed about the trailer.

Bane's voice has been cleared up(thanks to WB)

Perhaps it's a little too clear. A bit too much ADR now.

It doesn't even sound like the head gear is blocking his voice.

His voice now sounds disembodied like it's far away from him

4. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

What is he saying in the trailer

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

What's wrong with a director continuing to use actors that he finds to be talented and easy to work with? Working with people that he already has an establishing working relationship with could lead to him being better able to get great performances out of them.

6. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

not to mention that it's a pretty common thing for directors to do.

Kevin Smith, Tim Burton, Judd Apatow, ones I'm missing, etc.

7. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Just when I thought Bale had abandoned his stupid Batman voice...

I liked the first trailer better but this one was good too.

8. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

There are still nearly three months until release. There's little point in trying to sell it at this point to the casual moviegoer because his attention span isn't that long; any interest raised by a trailer now will be forgotten by July 20. A trailer this long before the release of the film is intended to maintain a high level of anticipation in those who are interested.

9. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

In terms of consistency with the other films, it would be kind of weird if he just stopped using it. I would guess talking like Bruce Wayne is out, so he'd have to come up with a new voice. Maybe he could make himself sound like "Plinkett".

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

It was a good trailer, but it didn't raise my excitement any. As others have said, I'm just not as excited over it as I was TDK. It's just missing that extra something--that oomph.

Maybe if it came out next year. It's just that I picture Joss quoting one of his own:

"I'm gonna win."

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Loved the trailer and Anne Hathaway looks very good as Catwomen though still not sold on the Batwing being in the Nolan-verse. I do hope people don't judge it against TDK and on its own merits.

12. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Quentin Tarantino, Martin freaking Scorcese. Some of the very best directors do it. Nothing wrong with it at all.

And frankly, when a director's stable of preferred actors includes Michael Caine, Christian Bale, Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and Marion Cottillard I don't see a single thing to complain about.

13. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

It's the trailer we need, but not the one we deserve.

14. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Cute. :lol:

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

"Chicks love the car."

16. Prologic9

Prologic9 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think all of the dialogue sounded disembodied-- because it is. We're hearing it without the rest of the soundmix the actual movie will have, and it's a little weird.

17. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Rumor is that the "not everything' shot of Bats is actually Gordon-Levitt, not Bale

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I'll be watching a lot of the big summer movies as usual, but this is the only one I'm actually looking forward to. I like Anne Hathaway, but she does sound a bit too girlish to be Catwoman. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Shades of Jean-Paul Valley. Interesting if true.

19. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I like that idea. One of the reasons I like this new trailer is it becomes clear that Knightfall is an influence. Not just Bane's presence but some parts of the story. Which I am glad otherwise I was unsure as to why he was chosen.

20. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

It simply sounds to me like his voice is being processed and amplified through the head gear. Which seems like a perfectly reasonable thing for it to do.

And if it DOES sound a bit more disembodied, all the better. Just makes him a little more scary and intimidating that way.