Here it is - no bloody "A", "B" "C" or "D"

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Admiral Buzzkill, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

It looks like they just mashed the TMP-ent and the ENT-D together. Meh, not very impressive.

I knew something was up, because Trekmovie was broken.

2. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think you can rephrase that a little better.

3. Qonos

Qonos Captain Captain

I would, if they lose the chrome.

4. JoeRalat

JoeRalat Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As a designer... I do not like it. If this was a New Trek movie with a new crew..I would ok with. It could have been set in TMP Era..It would fit as a new ship, but why make a movie and call it a TOS Movie and change everything that fans loved about TOS trek?

On top of that, make it hard for fans to try to fit it in the cannon of the series. I see it hard to have this ship be refit to the REAL TOS Ship.

I am sorry, As a fan of all the movies and series, I will not pay to see this movie, I respect all the other people who will, but again as a fan for all of my life, I had to say something.

Thanks

5. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks good to me, reminds me ALOT of Gab's Enterprise. Pretty much what I had been expecting actually.

Sharr

6. adv1701

adv1701 Commander Red Shirt

That is one ugly ship,normally I can't wait for the toy to come out but I don't even want one of these. They need to move the neck up more it looks too squished.

7. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The engineering hull needs MAJOR upscaling (Though the shape of it is pretty aesthetically pleasing). Right now, it reminds me of the Belknap, with its puny little engineering hull. Seriously, if I were the designer, I'd scale it up, push it back, and push the pylons forward.

The saucer is good. Saucers take a lot of hard work to screw up.

And I really do dig the nacelles. They have a very sleek retro vibe and a nice shape, but they could do with having the pylon attachment further aft.

She's alright, but she's too front-heavy.

8. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

9. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You need to look at an actual picture of his ship and compare it to this. The new ship and Koener's have in much in common as the new ship and the original design do.

10. datas_cat_spot

datas_cat_spot Captain Captain

[​IMG]

11. Qonos

Qonos Captain Captain

So you think this design is less valid than something built 40 years ago with the cheapest materials GR and company could find. The TV version of the ship looked like it did because that was what they could afford. Now I'm not trying to sound like a broken record here but it's a solid design it envokes the TOS Enterprise, it looks a HELL of alot better than the model from the sixties and anyone expecting the ship to look like it did on tv is just fooling themselves. Period.

12. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am starting to like her, but then again I did like the 1701-E & NX-01 so what do I know.

To answer Meredith I do see 701 just past the deflector so I'm thinking this is it. Can't wait to see it in a fight.

13. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

The more I look at her, the more I like her, even though I do like the photoshop manip that pushes the secondary hull back a little.

Other then that, I can deal with it. I find if funny about everyone bitching about the nacelles, thats the part of the ship I really like.:lol:

I think the key with it is it ENVOKES the TOS enterprise, without being a direct copy. I really am starting to like it.

14. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Rick posted over at trekmovie and said he was mildly disappointed but didn't elaborate much further. I'd find you the quote, but the site's broken at the moment.

15. Ward Fowler

Ward Fowler Commodore Commodore

I did too. I don't mind change as long as its positive. To me, this isn't.

16. TK421

TK421 Commodore Commodore

I want to like it. It has a 50s car aesthetic to it, which as prequel to a 60s show I think was the right instinct.

But there's something... well, butt freakin' ugly about it.

Overall, meh. Maybe it'll grow on me.

17. NTRPRZ

NTRPRZ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I like it.

I've always loved the original Enterprise, but this is a very acceptable update. In a way, I think we've always accepted the TOS-E because we never saw her DO anything other than just fly by. It was because of budget limitations, I feel.

Even when we saw her in TOS-R or as the Defiant on ENT, she never really gave me the impression she was all that manuverable. This ship looks like she can MOVE.

18. Nostromo

Nostromo Ensign Newbie

I've seen a lot of comments about "chrome" nacelle caps but I have to say I think they look more like highly reflective glass.

Can't make up my mind overall. I don't hate it.

19. datas_cat_spot

datas_cat_spot Captain Captain

I don't see chrome either. It looks like black glass to me.

20. Qonos

Qonos Captain Captain

I don't see any negative changes... the ship looks more functional and sturdier. Like it could possibly survive the stress placed on it in orbit or at high warp speeds. Looking back at the "ruler" pylons from TOS they look very frail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.