50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

On Tumblr people are claiming to hear him repeating/echoing Matt's lines just after Matt speaks...

2. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Yet, at least we see McGann's face. We don't see McCoy's face or Colin Baker's face, and I suppose that's supposed to be Troughton we see in the distance down the hall under the arch. :)

And I wonder if the man with the back to the camera as it swoops past, standing opposite Tennant, is supposed to be John Hurt.

3. Csalem

Csalem Commodore Commodore

That was pretty damn good actually. Would love a proper trailer but this one has raised the excitement levels!

4. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To be fair, I did think for a second there that I heard him there. But its probably something else entirely.

Did anyone else think they heard Rose's "Doctor" there? I thought I did, right a Dalek "Doctor" line.

5. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I thought it was very well done. Oblique and with masses of faces packed into it. It can't have been easy to do.

6. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Look closely. He's wearing the same bandoleer.

7. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pretty nice version of the main theme too. Wouldn't mind if they kept it.

8. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

So he is. It was the lack of leather jacket that made me doubt that identification.

It also helps that as the camera pans past the backturned man, the narration talks about "the impossible day," presumably the day that the eleventh Doctor met the Hurt Doctor.

9. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Well it's not an ideal claim, there is a second voice repeating Smith's words, not sure if it is McGann as been a while since watched anything he was in (maybe Jonathan Creek a few years ago) but there is someone there and on another listen, it could be Richard E Grant. And I will repeat, that is a wonderfully made minute of television, who ever had the idea to do that first officially broadcast trailer for the special loves the programme and that composite of the main theme is just tingly towards the end.

10. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

That was utterly brilliant. I could watch it all day long.

And we got all the original Doctors. Think fans will stop complaining now? :p

11. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

lol. No.

12. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you count digitally manipulated photos as being of the same value as an appearance by a living, breathing human being then sure they will.

Good to see that Moffat's lack of respect for the original series Doctors is matched by so many "fans", though.

13. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Besides obvious stuff like Sarah-Jane and K-9, other little details as well - Bessie is in there as well as lots and lots of floating Sonic Screwdrivers.

What I've spotted (in sort of order):

9/10's sonic
    11's fez
    Em..twisty smiling head thing from that episode when britain was a spaceship in future
    Doctor's pocket watch
    Tardis Key (to left of first doctor)
    Two (?) Sonic
    Jellybeans
    Three''s (?) sonic
    NO MORE sprayed on object (?????)
    Dalek space-ship over london
    80s Cyberman
    Sea-Devil
    Female in red jacket with back to us (Rose?)
    The Spider Queen of Metebelis Three
    Red LED with 17 1623 ?? (not sure of last two digits
    Bessie

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Like I said earlier today, a retrospective trailer might be nice to see. Whets the appetite without spoiling the episode itself.

15. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Just saw it. It was...okay. Like I said, what counts for me is new material and we got some with Matt's voiceover. So I'm somewhat satisfied (would've been more satisfied with Tenannt and Hurt speaking, too). I've seen a lot of retrospective trailers though so the rest of it didn't excite me.

16. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

I agree. That put a tear in my eye.

17. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Oh. I see. People who don't think like you aren't real fans, they are "fans." Got it.

And I thought Star Wars fans were a hive of scum and villainy... jeez.

Fandom used to be fun...

18. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

Loved it. could watch it all day. Jelly babies, K9, Sarah Jane. Awesome.

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I think the trailer may well contain some hints about the story of the anniversary special. For instance, it opens with the First Doctor looking on in horror as a Dalek kills someone in Foreman's scrapyard, which never happened in the Doctor's past as we know it. Maybe that's just part of the montage, but maybe it means something. And at the end, there are San Francisco landmarks in the background -- and I think they're too prominent to be just a nod to the '96 movie. So maybe that's a setting in the special?

20. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Or you know, it's a massive montage to the past of Who and the fact that they're there because they look amazing in that context because a bit of a bridge in the distance isn't exactly prominent, hell, the Shard is more prominent and the Bells of Saint John was based mainly there.