DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Basically becoming Brave and the Bold (from the seventies/eighties)...

3. Admiral_Young

Just finished reading Arkham War #1 and was pleasantly surprised. This story is right up Tomasai's alley. Got a bit of a feel of No Man's Land of it with Batman gone (at least the villains think he's gone still) and the police completely overwhelmed. Is Detective Pierce a new character introduced in this or has she been introduced somewhere else?

Also enjoyed Superman/Wonder Woman #1 as well. Doomsday should be interesting to see.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  4. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

SM/WW actually has me interested in the relationship.

5. Admiral_Young

^ First time it has been presented as something interesting IMO. Also that wasn't Geoff Johns who answered the relationship question, it was Bob Harras. LOL. The article has since been corrected.

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So Rich's journalistic integrity remains intact? :p

7. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i have no problem with Superman/Wonder Woman, its just that for so long that relationship wasn't even mentioned outside Justice League. Wonder Woman's book still hasn't even mentioned Steve Trevor.

as much as i enjoy the current story arc in WW i would like then to eventually tackle more traditional characters like Trevor, Cheeta and Circe.

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yes, it was quite good. I hope we see more of WW teaching Superman how to actually fight instead of just relying on his abilities alone.

Also, the art was amazing in this book.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  9. Admiral_Young

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

11. Admiral_Young

Sorry about that. Not sure what happened.

12. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

13. Admiral_Young

14. ncc71877

ncc71877 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wonder if Lobdell was 'being funny' about Superboy. That seems like a huge thing to just let out there.

ncc71877:cool:

15. Admiral_Young

^ I don't think he was kidding or joking at all about the death of Superboy. It seems like there is a plan to focus on John Lane Kent.

I am looking forward to the start of Pak's run on Action Comics.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Are people happy with the Superman franchise reboot? I mostly hate it... I was reading my trade of "Superman in Exile" the other day and to me this is what Superman should be; the polite optimist who always does the right thing, the moral authority of the DCU who everyone respects.

And what they did to Superboy and Supergirl is even more messed up!

17. Admiral_Young

Some elements of it I like, some I don't. The article mentions that they've got the next year planned out though...so we'll see. I'm most looking forward to Pak's Action Comics run. It seems like Diana and Clark won't last forever given the future Superboy.

Just read "Batman #24" and thought it was amazing. This is really how they should have started this title. I love the New 52 origin costume, nice touch with the purple gloves! The reveal of the Riddler in the epilogue was amazing...and I agree about wishing Capullo was used, but it was still incredible.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm glad that they showed us where the Justice League in the new issue of JLA. But it's weird that the JLA book is starring the Justice League team and not the JLA team. It seems odd to throw them in super-prison though. I would think the Syndicate would either a) kill them or b) maroon them on Earth-3.

I find a weird choice to make Two-Face's acid origin done by a woman... and apparently this six issue storyline is going to take place between the ending of Bat Inc and the beginning of Trinity War...

19. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Rogues' Rebellion was pretty fun. Of course the Rogues aren't gonna stand for the Secret Society's crap. They're better than that. They have a code. I really enjoyed watching them kick some ass. Though, I've always thought that the Rogues were such a fun bunch that I would read them sitting around watching TV, or something.

20. Admiral_Young

I don't think the Crime Syndicate wants to outright kill the Justice League, or else they would have already done so, and it sounds like Earth-3 is a lost cause so I doubt marooning them their was an option.

Finished Batman and Two-Face #24...yes this continues the grief arc that was the previous arc for Batman and Robin. I thought that was clear myself. I actually really enjoyed 52'Verse's Two-Face origin story. This Erin McKillen. It also seeds stuff for the upcoming war against Ra's. This book has been great now for a while now.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013