What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah Uncharted is an awesome game. Uncharted 2 is even better. ;)

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

If you like Uncharted 1, you are going to love Uncharted 2. :D

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

U3 comes out later this year too. I need to try Uncharted 1 again. I tried it a couple years ago, but it kept freezing up on me. I even got a second copy and it did the same thing. I did play all of 2 though, and it's one of my favorite games.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Back to playing all three major Assassin's Creed titles, virtually back-to-back and for the first time. Overall very impressed with Brotherhood so far.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I have Brotherhood sitting in its case waiting for me to play it, been playing FIFA 11 lately something easier to pick up shout at and then put down ;)

6. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

This may sound a little Childish.
    Pirates of the caribeean(I just wanted to become the top pirate)
    LOS vietnam(you may know me as Ender.)
    GTA 4 Liberty City.(2008)

7. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm playing the Brotherhood DLC tonight - so far it's pretty fun. Not sure it's $10 fun... but I'll take more AC where I get it.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

For those who played both, which would you say is better Assassin's Creed: The Da Vinci Disapearance or Mass Effect: Arrival? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get both, but I'm trying to decide what to get first.

9. Bishop76

Haven't played Arrival yet (forgot I didn't finish Overlord and wanted to do that first), but Da Vinci disappearance gets a lot better than my first impression. I actually like it quite a bit. It's a fun bit of DLC.

10. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just finished ME2:Arrival. It's a bit short and I preferred Lair generally.

(I haven't played much of AC, never mind the sequels or dlc, so can't help there)

Next up, I plan to continue my second playthrough of Dragon Age 2, this time as a mage.

11. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finished my second play through of Super Mario Galaxy today. Still one of the best 3D platformers ever made.

I just started Monster Tale for the DS. It's a fun Metroidvania type game.

I should be playing Dragon Age 2. I'm 15 hours into it but it's such a bad game I haven't touched it in over a week. It's sad to see how far Bioware has fallen.

I also started the third episode of Back to the Future: The Game.

I also finally got my first random hat drop in 230 hours of Team Fortress 2!

12. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Splatterhouse. A friend loaned it to me. I just am speechless....

13. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

Oh and currently playing QuakeLive again.

14. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

About to dive into Uncharted after reading all the praise it's gotten in this forum.

15. Bishop76

Yeah, I'd imagine they're really torn up about being considered one of the top RPG makers in the world and putting out last year's GOTY (effectively tied with Red Dead). I hope they can recover from that all...

16. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Where exactly in my post did I reference Mass Effect 2?

If Bioware keeps on making games with the quality of Dragon Age 2 they won't be considering one of the top RPG makers in the world for much longer. I've played every Bioware game since the first Baldur's Gate (with the exception of the Sonic DS game) and have loved all of the except for Dragon Age 2. The quality of Dragon Age 2 is so far below their other games it's hard to believe it was made by the same studio.

Despite the negative impressions and the poor demo I was willing to give Bioware the benefit of the doubt for Dragon Age 2. I paid $60 and feel incredibly ripped off. I should of waited to buy it until it was on sale on Steam for $10.

17. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've jumped back onto the Crysis games.... I figured out how to skip past the bugged level so I'm not forever stuck, so I'm going to plow through the first game and the expansion and probably buy the second game tonight.

18. KJbushway

KJbushway Commodore

Oh and Rainbow six Lockdown.
    I play alot of the old games. I have all the deltaforces. I even play return to Castlewolfenstien. Duke nuke'm

19. Alex1939

Alex1939 Captain Captain

I don't understand the Dragon Age 2 hate. I think people put their expectations too high, because I love the game and the handful of other people I know playing it also love it as much as the first.

20. Bishop76

It has problems to be sure - it's not a perfect game. Dungeons need to be unique for one thing. And it's still an odd choice to make a game with no real arcing plotline through it but I still think it worked fairly well. DA2 certainly isn't their best game ever, but I found it more enjoyable than DAO personally and I don't see one game breaking a company. I mean, Jade Empire wasn't all that good and they still managed to muddle through.