New Trek Series?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Chris Karak, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Karak

Chris Karak Cadet Newbie

Does anyone know or think that there will be a new Star Trek Series?:brickwall: I heard rumors of a new one but it sounded too non-related.:confused: Anyone may post a comment.

Chris Karak

2. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I do not think we will see a new Trek series for quite some time. After Abrams' movies are finished, we may or may not see new Trek on television.

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know, there is an entire forum dedicated to this question...

4. jongredic

jongredic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This. It could go either way (sorry to be vague!). The latest film has brought a renewed interest to the franchise, but it's far too early to say whether it has or will ignite enough interest to make it back to a weekly format.

I think it's safe to say we'll need to see how Star Trek XII does at the very least before we can really have any idea on the future of either the film or TV side of the franchise.

5. Elzie

Elzie Lieutenant Red Shirt

Seriously? :wtf:

6. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Why the WTF? This question is far from being original, next to the Tuvix threads and "How old are you" threads.

Future of Trek deals with this kind of thing, with people scraping at the bottom of the barrel for rumors about a new movie and/or a series.

7. Elzie

Elzie Lieutenant Red Shirt

Okay, maybe WTF isn't the right way to put. I mean that I'm just surprised. Sorry.

Back to the topic
    I can't see new series coming, with the new Trek being the way it is - and I don't mean it was bad, but just the style of it. Wouldn't people expect something similiar if a new show would come?
    And even if they wouldn't, I don't think there'll be anything new in TV.

8. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Personally, I think the next Trek series will be an animated one set in it's own continuity for a slightly younger demographic the way the various Batman and Spider-man animated shows are.

Something like that could come out at any time, IMO...

9. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Check out this forum

http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

I would normally move the thread over there, but, since the question is pretty vague, I'm sure they'll have a thread that will be of more use over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.