Some Art Requests

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CuttingEdge100, Feb 1, 2014.

1. CuttingEdge100

CuttingEdge100 Commodore Commodore

I'm thinking of a simple idea for some very basic drawings to flesh out some ideas

1. Sabre Class with upturned nacelles instead of down-turned

2. Norway Class with the twin-booms mounted on the centerline and four nacelles

2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Ok. Why should someone do it for you?

You might have a better chance if you gave a reason, assurance to give credit due, etc.

3. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sorry to say so, but yeah, many of us artists have our own projects in mind. I even have a backlog myself, which I don't ever see how I'm going to complete.
    Don't want to be offensive, but the saying goes "sometimes if you want something done, you have to do it your self".

4. CuttingEdge100

Finn,

1. It's a fairly simple request especially when I'm not interested in the windows, escape hatches, phaser, banks and all that stuff: Just basically the engines, nav-deflector and basic hull shape

2. I thought either it would have been better designs than the USS Defiant: They looked like something in Star Trek yet looked tough and something you wouldn't want to tangle with

3. Whoever does the job gets credit. I'm not going to take anybody's credit

5. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^ Notice how nobody offered to do it for you yet and it has been a few days now? JES said it best.

Why should anybody do it, especially when you are asking for such a basic design that you might do it yourself?

Some of the regulars in this forum do things like this for a living or as a serious hobby. As for your third point, you should have said it in your first post...

6. CuttingEdge100

Finn

So if I said that first you'd have drawn it?

7. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As an artist, a creative person, I am driven to and by ... originality. The kitsch of reproducing and/or expanding upon the STAR TREK universe prevents me from taking an interest in the prospect. However, we could discuss commission terms and fees, in private if you like. And, if we can come to an arrangement, I would be only too happy to work on an original, futuristic and/or space-based concept piece. One which you may use as a basis for your own project(s) ...

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

If it's such a simple request, do it yourself. Art = work. It takes time, effort, supplies, etc. Why should anyone want to do this for you? What is their incentive?

9. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

CuttingEdge100, you may be able to find component sets online with which you could create at least mock-ups of your thoughts pretty easily; several of our members do this and may be able to help you out with links.

One thing you may find is that most of the folks around here enjoy a challenge - if you can present something that someone finds interesting or intriguing, rather than a quick one-line description that begs the reader to try to read your mind ;), you may get a more enthusiastic response.

10. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

^
    I agree... I'd just cut and paste in paint to get a quick idea put down.

I actually took a look at the sabre after reading the OP request and thought it might look better with the nacelles above. I wish I could say I'd get around to mocking one up, but if I do, I'll gladly share it.

The norway? Noway heh. I really dislike the idea of four nacelles. I barely like it on the Constellation class and only liked it at the time because I was craving to see a new federation ship on screen.