Fantastic Four reboot-- Casting, Rumors, Pix, ect;

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Dr.Doom a woman.....let the Reed, Sue, Victoria Doom fanfic begin.
    How about this, use a different FF villain altogether?!

Does Fox really care about this property?
    There's making a film to retain the rights and then there's being so obtuse about the source material that the product you make isn't a viable income endeavor. This film is headed for latter it seems.

2. Trek4Ever

Trek4Ever Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, now all the outrage over Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor has been usurped by the latest FF DOA reboot casting rumors! At this point, I just hope Fox doesn't go through with its plans to integrate this FF into the X-Men universe films.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Doom as a woman seems like a needless change. This isn't even about more female representation since Sue is already a woman.

Josh Trank will be jumping at the chance to dunk this rumor in the next hour like he has for everything else. :p

4. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

And one out of five main characters being female represents proper "female representation" in your eyes?

I mean, I'm not saying Doom needs to be a woman, but saying he shouldn't be because the movie already has ONE whole female character seems ridiculous.

5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

This is why Trank should not be debunking this stuff just yet. We can tell if the rumors are true simply by paying attention to which ones he doesn't call untrue.

6. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So he has denied stuff that ended up being true? Now I don't know what to believe.

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^I was thinking that myself! He even admits that he lied about one thing (presumably the involvement of Michael B. Jordan?). Shades of JJ and company and 'Cumberbatch is NOT Khan!'?

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

What worries me the most about the rumors I've heard (insomuch as one "worries" about a movie in pre-production), is that none of it has sounded good to me, true or not.

11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Abbott will be black and Costello will be a lesbian played by Rosie O'Donnell.

12. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

Typical Hollywood type casting.

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

14. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

The cast are finalizing their deals according to Deadline:

15. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Too bad, I was looking forward to Richard Madden as Reed and Saiorse Ronan as Sue.

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Umm, okaaay... That is some of the strangest casting I've heard in awhile. If anything, they seem to be going even younger than the casting for the previous movies. Which I'm guessing is not what the comic fans were hoping for when they announced the reboot...

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

My preference, as I may have mentioned earlier in the thread, would be to see the FF as the established first family of superheroes, with a more mature Reed and Sue as parents to Franklin and Valeria. But in the context of the films, where the FF are being added to the X-Men universe, that would be hard to justify. They kind of have to be new, because there's no evidence yet of any non-mutants with superpowers in that universe.

Still, I'll need to be convinced. The proof of the pudding and all. I was impressed by Trank's Chronicle on first viewing, but the second time, once the novelty wore off, it wasn't as interesting. So I'm not sure what to expect.

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If money was no object... And if sanity was no object, I would film the movie over the course of 15 years, so that there cold be a time travel adventure where the young FF face off against the old FF, but of course because of how long a 3 picture deal takes to roll out, they could film hours of subplots for movie three during the course of movie one, and then just wait 10 years to make the rest of movie three or four about time travel... Just like how we have been waiting 8 years for the final 8 year old scene for the last seconds of How I met your Mother.

The really problem about this absurd proccess is that Hollywood actors DO NOT AGE!

19. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I'm just judging by appearances, but I'm not seeing Reed Richards. I hope they quickly explain Johnny and Susan's relationship.

20. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

She has vitiligo.