Heroes Vol. 5 Preview

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Broccoli, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Well, if they can make the actual show half as good as that, it might be watchable again!

But it might just be like a Robert Zemeckis movie, where all the good parts were in the preview. :(

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oooh I figured that was a given. They wouldn't miss the fun when he starts "discovering" things...

Robert Knepper is a regular but what happened to Sendhil Ramamurthy??? Anyway I think Knepper's character is just the element they've been needing for this show.

4. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Does anyone even care for Heroes? After the awesome first season we had a horribly gone wrong second season and a woefully bad third one. Heroes could have been this generation's Star Trek.... wait.. Star Trek has become this generation's Trek. :lol: Guess it could have been X-Files. Or more. Worst missed opportunity in the history of TV.

5. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Ah fuck it, I'll get suckered back in again.

6. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The video on that site didn't work for me, but I found it on Youtube. Looks kind of interesting, although I fear they'll just screw it up again.

Whatever the case, I'll be watching. I just hope the "Redemption" arc is aptly-named.

7. spinnerlys

spinnerlys Commander Red Shirt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DId93El2NiU
    For those, who can't watch the video on the linked site.

It's nice, but what I find more interesting is the season/chapter title "Redemption". Maybe TPTB wanna redeem themselves with the audience with the new season and are finally getting their shite together after Bryan Fuller left again.

We'll see...

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Meh, not excited. I gave up mid-last season, and this doesn't seem too impressive.

9. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Okay spoilers for the trailer.

Hiro appears to teleport and maybe time travel as well with no apparent ill effects.

No sign of Mohinder at all in this trailer.

Not sure how to read Peter's abilities here. When we last saw him he had Sylar's shapeshifting.

Do I even want to know what's going on with Claire and this other girl ?

Robert Knepper's character looks very interesting.

It was Tracy at the end of the last volume.

10. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So, who travels to the future and sees New York blown up this time?

11. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Me.

12. Broccoli

I hope Mohinder is gone. His character is completely useless and they've been trying too hard to keep him relevant in seasons 2+.

13. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

Hayden kept hinting that Claire and her roommate were a blossoming lesbian couple during the ComicCon panel. She seemed rather excited about it as well.

The carnies, including Robert Kneeper's character, look really promising. But based upon what was said on the ComicCon panel, the creators have a hard-on for sticking to their original "oh my God, they all just want normal lives! WHAAA!" storyline... and this season is going to emphasize that.

So... I really dunno if I'll be able to stomach another season of it.

14. Trek4Ever

Trek4Ever Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Honestly I think I'm done with the show, I just didn't find anything interesting in the trailer and this thing with the carnival, yuck! I can't shake the feeling that Heroes won't last past the fourth season and from what I've heard and seen it just feels redundant and desperate.

15. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Me likey!

16. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do we have to keep spoiler coding everything in this thread? I hope they didn't ditch Mo. As a scientist, he's a good character type to keep around. It's not his fault the writers gave him horrible material. Plus they really need to lose Hiro and then it will be whitebread city. :p

17. Broccoli

Yes. ;)

Mohinder was useful in the first season being the one investigating and learning about the heroes. He was the everyman that connected the audience to this fictional world. He also seemed to be the one with the most "connections" between the various characters. I think everyone knew (or knew of) Mohinder first before meeting each other. Season two, he was sorta useful as he was tied with the virus' origins. From season three onward, he has outlived his purpose. Making him into a hero and a mad scientist was a huge misstep as an attempt to make his character important again. They should have just fazed him out the way they did Micha, but allow him to be around for the occasional guest spot.

18. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

But his voice is perfect for the narrations ;)

19. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

Woohoo! Lesbian Claire!
    If that don't get ratings I don't know what will.

20. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

I stopped caring about this show in the second season, although I've looked for reasons to start caring again. These spoilers and those revealed at Comic-Con give me no reason to start watching again.