The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

The rule has nothing to do with copyright, it's about not leeching another site's bandwidth.

http://surprisehighway.com/blog/2006/02/how_to_prevent_hot_linking_and/

2. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

And I tell you it has a lot to do with copyright. When you ask people to instead rehost images you are asking them to infringe copyrights.

3. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

If he hadn't rehosted the image, it wouldn't have shown up. That's not because of the messageboard, that's because of the server where the image is hosted.

The board forces you to do nothing, they ask you not to hotlink. They do not force you to post the picture.

4. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I like Batman.

(Sorry... trying to get the thread back on topic).

5. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Games? Must we?

Indeed. A simpler concept to understand is yet to be had.

Also, this.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I bought a Batman hoodie yesterday.

7. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

The zipper on mine popped off, I'm hoping I can fix it. :(

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Mine was cheap. I got it from Walmart while I was buying a new shower curtain. It intrigued me.

9. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

He doesn't have to rehost it. He can just link to it instead.

That Poster is very cool. I see the end of Batman coming. Maybe Gordon and Wayne are both in Hospital beds in that Trailer.

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ I usually do link to posters. I thought that this was basically the same idea but making it easier and quicker for readers to see the poster. I'm basically a tech doofus.

Anyway, cool poster.

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think visiting Jim in hospital is maybe what either decides Bruce to "retire" as Batman feeling guilty over whatever happened to his friend or the incident that galvanizes him to return.

12. Captaindemotion

^ How's this for silly theory of the day?

Bane breaks Batman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt's John Blake is the Jean-Paul Vallely of this movie, assuming the mantle from Bruce Wayne.

13. Admiral_Young

^ Not so silly. I've read or seen variations of that before. My own theory on Blake though is that he is a corrupt cop of some kind. Haven't figured him out yet. I do think though despite that JGL will have a significant role in the film.

14. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

When they filmed the hospital scene there where spy photos taken that showed Wayne climbing in from the window; at least many people think it was Wayne, the guy was wearing a ski mask. So, it's unlikely that he is also a patient.

Regarding the poster: I really like it, one of the best posters used for Nolan's Batman-films.

15. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Or either he becomes....Robin! I think JGL doesn't have the build for taking on Bane as Jean-Paul Vallely.

16. Admiral_Young

Jean Paul really didn't have that much bulid...sure he did but he wasn't over the top monstrous. He continued to "pump iron" and improve himself over the course of his time as Batman. At first he was pretty athletic looking when he first took over as Batman and wearing Bruce's costume. It wasn't until the St. Dumas conditioning kicked in that he became a beast.

17. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think John Blake is going to be corrupt. As a matter of fact, I think he's going to be one of the only good cops and an indication of the future.

18. Admiral_Young

That's that other possibility. Maybe he's Gordon's inside guy on the police task force which maybe is headed up by this Nixon character?

19. Captaindemotion

Yeah, that's what I thought. Nixon (Matthew Modine) will presumably be corrupt with a name like that (I am NOT a crook!)

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It hardly violates copyright law to rehost an image unless you claim it's your own image and some how profit from that.

Anyway, the hosting thing is less about law and more about not stealing bandwith (money) from someone else.