New Member with a question about Models...

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Cyronaseez, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Cyronaseez

Cyronaseez Cadet Newbie

Hi !

New to the boards and I came here looking for advice.

I'm interesting in getting some Enterprise Models for the house but there are so many companies producing model Enterprises that I don't know where to begin.

I don't have any real specifics I'm looking for other than that the models not be garbage.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

2. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Are you looking for one you have to build, or something that's already done and ready for display? Are you looking for a specific Enterprise (original series, motion picture era, next gen, etc)?

3. Cyronaseez

Cyronaseez Cadet Newbie

I can build or not, it's not important to me. I guess which ever is cheaper or gives me more options.

As for Which Enterprises, I'd say anything from the 1979 Motion Picture through Enterprise D. Not a huge fan of E, it just isn't "my" Enterprise but at the same time, I wouldn't turn it away. I also like the 2009 film version of the 1701.

4. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

You can probably find the Enterprise 1701 through 1701-E all in 1:2500 scale fairly inexpensively.

AMT put out two 3-piece sets of the 1701, 1701-A, and 1701-D and also a 1701-B, 1701-C and 1701-E all in the same scale several years ago, you should still able to find them online, or special order them through a hobby shop in your area.

5. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

6. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

AMT was good for building
    The Frankling Mint did make some per-built models

The best ship to me is Enterprise-E:) and the original Enterprise:) follow by Enterprise-D.:techman:

7. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

8. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

Oops...honestly didn't intend this to be snarky! I know sometimes I forget the obvious and assume other people do too.