F1 2013 Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Lonemagpie, Jan 1, 2013.

1. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep. Rossi could have challenged for the lead if it wasn't for his early mistake, but his charge up to second was the Rossi of old. I was impressed with Marquez - more of that from him to come, I'd say - and it's always nice to see Pedrosa spanked by a team mate. That came out wrong...

I dare say the Hondas will have the edge at some tracks, but it should be a good season all round. And hopefully Cal will score some good points.

Sorry for the derail, F1 aficionados.

2. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not 2013 F! but,
    As a NASCAR Fan I may go watch this.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdkIFrMY_v0[/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umSSvkFCYDk[/yt]

Olivia Wilde Co-Stars.

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well we certainly have an interesting grid for tomorrows GP. Well done on Hamiliton getting pole. But the star has to be Riccardo getting the Torro into the the top 10.

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well Mercedes have made it two Poles in a row, but I think they still lack race pace.

Though if I were McLaren I would be hoping that the updates panned for when the European season work. Barely scrapping into the top 10, and would have been outside had Grosjean not made a mistake on his lap.

Force India did well to get both cars into the top 10 shootout, and perhaps they might be breaking away from the mid-field slightly as this point in the season. So they might be a strong contender for fifth in the Constructors Championship.

5. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Totally undeserved win for Finger.

6. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Shame that Alonso's DRS went all kerfluey. Glad that Lewis got some points and that Kimi got a podium.

7. Geckothan

Exactly. Alonso should have been up there giving Fingerboy a challenge. Completely ruined the race, really.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Still plenty of action during the race. Though you wonder what might have been had Alonso not had the DRS failure. Still Di Resta did well to come fourth and Lewis to get fifth, and Alonso did well toi finish where he did despire being handicapped by having no DRS. So once again both LH and FA show why they are considered amongest the best drivers on the grid.

9. Geckothan

Don't forget Kimi! He had a cracking race. Grosjean as well.

10. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Not saying that didn't have a good race, but when you have one of the better cars on the grid you are expected to finish high.

11. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

12. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I haven't read sniffpetrol for years. Funny stuff. :cool:

Last race didn't really excite me, but thought several drivers did very well to finish where they did. I don't like the excessive tyre degredation/management we're seeing though; kind of ruins races IMO.

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

And it's a Mercedes front row lock out. At this point in the Championship it seems as if Lewis made the right decision to leave McLaren.

15. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

If only the Mercs were kinder to their tyres....

I don't want to see them storming to the middle of the field as Red Bulls, Lotuses and Ferraris glide past them with ease. Nice to see the front row lock out, though.

16. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

True, but if Mercedes can fix their tyre issue it looks like they have a fundamently fast car. It's McLaren that have the bigger woes at the moment as it looks as if Force India are nipping at their toes in terms of current pace.

17. Geckothan

Good result in terms of the championship (though it would be nice to have the Mercs a bit higher up, and for McLaren to have a front-running car), but the race itself was a joke.

The tyres are just getting stupid now, both in their effect on the racing (which was really obvious today), and also their terrible reliability (apparently Alonso was on the verge of having a delamination before one of his stops).

At least Vettel didn't win, anyway. Alonso has really grown on me in the past year, and Kimi is always awesome.

18. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Yep, at least two tyre delaminations this weekend. The 2012 spec tyres seemed to work ok last season. Perhaps they should have kept the same spec of tyre this year. Allowing Pirelli to spend most of this year work on the 2014 spec tyre, which given the change to smaller turbo engines might have an impact on the tyres.

I think mercedes made a mistake not going onto a four stop race given their high tyre wear.

19. Geckothan

I heard that Pirelli changed the material of the belt for this year. Undoubtedly the cause of the failures. The ridiculous tyre wear I can forgive (seeing as they were asked to make the tyres behave like that), but actual failures are just unacceptable.

20. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Agreed, maybe one or two failures a year, but what have we had 4 or 5 already this season?