Do you think T'Pol...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Puritan, Nov 12, 2009.

1. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Believe it or not, I haven't seen it yet. :alienblush:

2. ST-One

ST-One Vice Admiral

That book was awful.

I wouldn't mind seeing T'Pol again. She was a good character in a nice enough show.

3. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Whatever, I had fun reading it. Hell, if I could stomach a gigantic Borg cube eating Pluto, then I can stomach Trip going undercover.

HELL, if I could stomach a gigantic super nova eating the galaxy...

Aw hell, for the moment there I forgot that Star Trek is NOT fiction... :shifty: Won't happen again...

4. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    I liked the book, too. It's fun.

5. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

I have some ENT books, but haven't gotten a roundtuit yet.

6. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Man, that still makes me laugh.... :D

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^I was wondering how long before someone got that.

8. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

I would like that, just that I hope they won't make her look so ancient as she did in E2...I mean Sarak was over 200 when he died and looked nowhere as amaciated as E2's T'pol was....it was way too exagerated. I'd say if they gotta make her look older, maybe some touches of gray in the hair (I wanna see T'pol with longer hair again, loved her with that cute ponytail she had in season 3 breifly).

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Only the ones on the homeworld. The writers have said that this figure doesn't include Vulcans who were living off planet at the time.

Tuvok was born on the 'Vulcanis Lunar Colony', although we don't know where that is.

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

They have plastic surgeons in the 23rd century :p;)

11. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Without context, it makes no sense whatsoever. :lol:

12. KottenFutz

KottenFutz Lieutenant Red Shirt

I think the alive and well T’Pol, the once non-believer in time travel, after the cataclysm will find reason to endeavor a trip forward in time anyway she can, even if it means conjuring up the ghost of Daniels, to stop Nero from going back... in the mother of all Trek encompassing epic tales, the prequel versus the sequel in the form of a reboot re-booting.

The funny bit is, if you give it a think, she or other surviving Vulcans may be alive long enough to disrupt Nero’s very birth without the need for temporal assistance, just patience and a healthy dose of revenge to drive them to Live Long and kick a little ass. Nero’s momma might want to install a dead bolt… wrap your brain around that why don’t ya?

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

It wouldn't do any good. Remember, the original timeline remains unaltered - but it is forever inaccessible. If T'Pol, or anyone else, travels forward in time, it will be to the future of THIS timeline, not the original future Nero and Spock Prime came from. For all we know, Nero may never even be born in the Abrams timeline *as it is*.

Conversely, there is no way to erase the ST XI timeline. Not even if somebody travels back and prevents the destruction of the Kelvin and matters arising from it. That would only create new timelines, not wipe out this one.

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

It is possible to travel forward in time? Most time travel in Trek is traveling into the past and then returning to the "present".

15. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Remember Archer going with Daniels, both to that city in the future, and to the Enterprise-J?

You're travelling forward in time right now - at a rate of one minute per minute. :D

16. Nerys Myk

True, I once wrote a paper on that very theme.

Wasn't Archer just along for the ride? Daniels was traveling to the past and back to his "present". I don't know if he ever traveled to his "future".

17. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Most Trek time travel is to the past, but Berlinghoff Rasmussen (TNG's "A Matter of Time") was from the 22nd century and used a stolen 26th-century time-travel pod to travel forward. As pointed out above, Daniels' devices in ENT allowed travel both backward and forward. I think the past may be favored more by writers because they (as well as the audience) already know what it looks like, and thus it requires less explanation.

18. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And may I also add...

"Yesterday's Enterprise."

19. KottenFutz

KottenFutz Lieutenant Red Shirt

When Trek characters go back in time to someone else's present in the past, they will eventually return to their own time, which will be moving forward in time to someone else's future. So Trek travels to the future always. Also, we've seen someone from the past (their present) joining the return trip to the future ( their future, someone elses present) many a time: Star Trek:The Voyage Home, Star Trek: Generations, TNG:Time's arrow, and so forth. It's all quite relative.

20. Nerys Myk

Yes, that can go from point A (their present) to point B (their past) and take someone from point B with them to point A, but can they go to point C (their future). Yesterday's Enterprise (as mentioned) goes from their present to the alternate future created by their disappearence, but that was an accident (IIRC). Are there any other times in Trek that someone travels to the future without using tech from the future or being a passenger/hitch-hiker?