Warehouse 13 Season 4 (discussion, spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Jul 17, 2012.

1. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That would be the fans who are doing the pining.

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I loved this episode. The new character is definitely not boring and would be a great addition to the cast, either as an agent or a regent-in-training. Her scientific perspective on the artifacts-- that everything, from fire onward, has a destructive side until you understand it enough to control it-- would add a new dimension to the warehouse and the show. And, yes, she is adorable.

So Brother Data can now change his appearance. Does this explain Artie's vision or is it a red herring?

And if every artifact has a downside, will Brother Data's serial use of them ultimately catch up with him?

3. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

It's sad that they decided to go this route with the story arc. All Artie has to do is enlighten Data to the fact that he's the great evil, and, bam, problem solved.

It would have been better, if slightly predictable, if Artie himself were the great evil, ala Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I guess it could still be that and Artie is just fuggin' nuts right now and the Data he was talking to was just a Fight Club style projection of his own split personality, but they didn't even hint that that might be what's going on.

But it would certainly make more sense. How would Data have known about every artifact Artie collected, where they were stored, and how to gain access to them even with the plank of wood?

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I'm guessing that's exactly what's going on. Note that only Artie has had any interaction with "Brother Adrian" so far. Claudia and Jinks only caught a momentary glimpse of him last night, and that could have easily been Artie using the thimble . . . .

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm, I hadn't thought of anything like that, but it could be interesting if they do go that route.
    As for this episode, I really enjoyed it. We got some good movement on the story arc for the season, the case of the week was fun, and I liked the new character. I hope we continue to follow her as she becomes a Regent. They've done some great stuff building the mythology this season.

6. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

I thought that at first, but Adrian walked away with the thimble, also with the plank (which I thought was Sykes' bomb at first) and everything Artie would need to have been in two places at once or ran a hell of a lot faster than he normally could to cover that distance. Also he had a tesla and not a gun so, I think the theory's shot down. Unless that's what they want us to think...

Adrian's the antagonist but I wouldn't be surprised if he's not THE evil, it seems a little predictable that he would be. I don't know, anything's possible.

7. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

agreed.

8. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Loved the Commander Data reference... :)

9. Bob Morton

Bob Morton Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Two trek references in one night! The Borg were mentioned on Alphas.

10. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Very good episode. Nice to see Pete have a little fun, and now perhaps someone new to stir the pot.

What was it they showed the Senator? "Welcome...to Storage Room 6!"

:lol:

11. RJDiogenes

That's going to be the new spin off. :hugegrin:

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved that scene. I was wondering who the guy with him was as they walked through the hall, and then I understood why I didn't recognize him.

13. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

Wasn't that the Regent from the supermarket?

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah.

15. RJDiogenes

It occurred to me that HG might not really be HG-- she does seem to have figured out an awful lot.

16. Mister Fandango

She's also H.G. Wells. You know, supragenius extraordinaire.

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

You know, it would be funny to get Helena's take on some of the modern-day adaptations of her work.

"I can't believe they turned my book into a musical . . . and a Tom Cruise movie!"

"And did you see that ridiculous movie where I fought Jack the Ripper? That's not all how it really happened!"

18. RJDiogenes

Actually, that would be super-genius. And it wouldn't prevent Brother Data from assuming her identity.

19. Mister Fandango

Nothing stops him from assuming anyone's identity. That wasn't the point. The point was that she is smart enough to figure things out, especially since she knows just as much if not more than Artie does about artifacts and their effects. Thus saying that she knows too much and therefore cannot be Helena is just silly until we see something more concrete saying otherwise. Especially considering that it was Artie that tracked her down, not the other way around.

Also, that would be Brother Adrian, not Brother Data. (Hey look, I can be a persnickety jerk, too.)

20. RJDiogenes

Yeah, but I never said that.