Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Wolverine is in the savage land with Shana in his book. Redundant.

Remember all the rope Captain America gave Moon Knight to Hang himself with when he was fumbling that Ultron head? Wolverine has Killed thousands, Black Widow might have killed thousands, Steve killed thousands, maybe tens of thousands of Nazi's... And I would be shocked if Thor's bodycount didn't enter the millions.

Most Hypocritic Intervention ever.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Slott has been writing the Avenges out of character since their appearance in "Dying Wish". I believe it's only for the purposes of the plot in this case, but I don't really have much problem with it. As for them "itching for a fight" I don't agree at all. Otto basically had no time for them and was acting like his usual rash self and you just knew that there was going to be some kind of confrontation between them.

Force Ghost Peter is awesome...I'm not sure why people are finding him annoying, Otto did take over his body from him and is wrecking his life, how else is he supposed to react? Perhaps it's just the way Slott is writing him. Christos Gage wrote Otto-Peter extremely well, and the other writers who have handled him have written Peter's conscience very subtlety.

Also Marvel has been teasing that Superior Spider-Man #9 is going to "anger" fans even more than Amazing Spider-Man #700 did. :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  3. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Can we pinpoint where this arc was suppose to fit in?

4. Admiral_Young

I'm not sure since it was pushed back at least twice...it was originally supposed to come out last spring i think? Instead Bendis came up with the return of Janet arc as his "final" arc last year. That's a really good question though, maybe someone else could offer a plausible answer.

5. JoeZhang

I'm guessing all that stuff with Moon Knight finding an Ultron head was suppose to be a lead-in to this?

6. Admiral_Young

I also didn't read a bulk of the latter part of Bendis run either...because it got so meh...but yeah I'm sure that was part of it. This was teased though as far back as the first arc of "Avengers" Volume Four (Heroic Age era) , with Tony and the team go into the future and discover it is controlled by Ultron. It's also where they discover Future Tony and his timeline map which has been incredibly accurate thus far.

I went back into the thread to check and I'm pretty sure we started talking about this late 2010 (after SDCC where it was first announced).

7. Guy Gardener

Well, in the Fantastic Four crossover, Ben, Johnny, Reed and Sue come back to earth where Reed, Johnny and Ben are murdered by Ultrons in short order, which is why in the parent book that Sue is hooked up with the rebellion even though they were supposed to be exploring the negative zone for a year that Because of dimensional compression would only last for four minutes on earth.

(You know this.)

Considering T'Challa rang Marvel's First Family up on his super cellphone to say Earth has been invaded, but he didn't say "You guys are lost in time space and there's an old possibly evil version of Johnny stinking up the place" unless of course he was preserving the timeline by not telling them that they were already destined to die, you would have to assume that the Entire Age of Ultron "began/happened" during those first four minutes when the Fantastic Four was supposed to be gone, and that time travel and issue 6 is going to reverse everything including most of the deaths.

8. JoeZhang

9. Admiral_Young

Oh no doubt that it takes place "now"...but it wasn't originally meant to. I also believe that is why we're getting the tie-in issues, so that they can incorporate Marvel Now into the Age of Ultron and kind of "correct" any kind of continuity errors that Bendis may make or haven't chosen to update in his script.

That whole entire thing aside...this was just as bad as his "Avengers Vs X-Men" issues.

10. JoeZhang

11. Admiral_Young

12. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

They have really dropped the ball on figureing out all the angles for AoU. Best thing to do would have been to set it on another Earth. Trying to shoehorn it into a universe 2 years after the story was planned and 1 year after it was done is just not working.

13. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think you're missing the point. They're intervening because Peter never did these kind of things before. What they have done is irrelevant.

14. Admiral_Young

So now we are in for a "status quo" change of sorts as I mentioned Superior Spider-Man #9 is supposed to be huge...can't think of what else Slott could do, except actually kill someone...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/july-superior-spider-month-big-changes.html

Also note that "Superior" Spider-Man is wearing a variation of Ben's costume, and the return of Miguel has been confirmed and promised as well (he doesn't confirm in the article but did during his Wonder Con panel).

15. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i gave up trying to figure out Age of Ultron. its like Marvel's version of Final Crisis. massively confusing and contrary and in the end will be reset.

16. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

My hunch is that Ghost-Peter will decide to start working with Spider-Ock instead of trying to fight him.

It would be an "anger" moment in the sense that fans would expect Peter to try and wrest control of his body back, and to see Peter basically surrender himself to the situation would be difficult for some fans to take.

17. Guy Gardener

Really?

The two worst things Otto could do, is get over his dysfunction and propose Marriage to Mary-Janeway, or forget who he is and try to make out with Aunt May.

18. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Ghost-Peter ends up somehow in the body of the 616 Miles Morales?

19. Admiral_Young

^ I doubt that would "anger" fans.

I do feel like Peter is going to "lose" the battle for control over his body in the upcoming arc...so I could see that happening. Perhaps not work with him but Otto completely is able to submerge and gain total control over Peter's conscience so that he no longer has any influence over him. While I still think Peter will eventually regain his body (sooner than next year) I think Slott obviously still has plans for Otto and will continue to stretch this out.

20. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

my guess? Ock kills Carlie.