Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Then again, I did think of building a solvable rubik's cube, but I suck at using redstone. I don't even know if it would technically be possible due to the way pistons work.

2. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I think it's cool to see how everyone has different styles. I don't have the patience to build something really big because I'd get caught up in the details and it would take me way too long. And I haven't messed around at all with pistons or anything with redstone. RM was saying how he likes to build underground but I tend to dislike that. But I've been exploring the town (with some help) and it's awesome to see everyone's styles come together. You have the really big structures and monuments, things underwater or underground, things in trees!

I think my favorite part is the community aspect of it and how people use signs. Sometimes they're useful, sometimes they're cute, and sometimes they're just funny.

I'm super detail-oriented so building has been challenging for me since there is only so much for me to work with. And this also means that even though I've logged 35235428742349 hours on Minecraft already, I don't have a ton to show for it. But my village is growing! I finished the outside of the inn, started planning out a few other buildings, and started on the interiors of a couple of the buildings.

What are everyone else's current projects?

3. Owain Taggart

Right now, my current project is Titan Tower. It's just huge, even by my standards, and it's looking like it will be a set of two towers that converge into one. Will be making it out of red bricks, and it will be like a skyscraper in style, with windows lining every side. Will be looking forward to seeing this thing rise up.

4. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had an idea to build some sort of statue on the mountain overlooking the town, sort of like Christo Redentor in Rio... then I saw Saints Row The Third on sale and now I'm busy running over heavily-armed wrestlers in my tank. This always happens when I try to get more involved in the server. :lol:

5. Kestra

We just explored the most amazing mine with crazy chasms and waterfalls and lava pools and scary things ... and then fought our way up through a waterfall into the middle of the ocean, just as the sun was rising! Gorgeous. Love playing on the server. :)

6. Owain Taggart

Yeah, that was a lot of fun! Not knowing where we'd end up while going up the waterfall was seriously epic.

7. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dumb question and maybe it's somewhere in the 100+ pages..

What server are you all on? Is it a TrekBBS server?

8. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

It's a server I run. It's not "just" TrekBBS people, but it's a small, private server. PM me if you would like access!

9. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yay! New member! *dances*

Sorry I've not been around much. I've been trying to devote more time to the various craft projects I've been slacking on recently. I'll be back by the time the next update comes out.

Speaking of updates, theres a sweet new addition in the latest snapshot. Writable books!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvQwi5wbsKQ

10. Owain Taggart

Very cool! Finally a use for ink sacs. This should be fun if we want to create a scavenger hunt among the places we've built.

11. Saturn0660

totally sweet server.. Now i just need to find myself a nice little spot to build a home. :techman:

12. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

I love the new writable books feature, sounds like an amazing addition to multiplayer. A book would have greatly enhanced my flaming Netherrack sculpture in the old town, instead of a wooden sign (in the middle of a structure that is 60% fire).

13. Cutter John

It might be a good idea to start harvesting sugarcane and stockpile some books before the next update. Will save you having to scrounge leather.

14. Owain Taggart

You can always upgrade it :)

And very true, Phil. At the very least, this should give the library in town a purpose! :)

15. Cutter John

That's what I'm hoping. Also that the next update will allow bookshelves to act like chests for books.

16. Saturn0660

I'll ask here too.. How do i ask a warp in the server?

I want to go out on my own (as well as in town)but don't want to get lost.

17. Cutter John

Just type '/warp' then the name of the warp location. The only ones I recall off the top of my head are 'zoo', which take you to the zoo near first spawn, and 'town' which takes you to Slagville.

Actually if getting lost is a worry. just hop on the minecart rail line. We have tracks and stations at all the major locations. Its a good way to have a look around.

18. Saturn0660

My first home on the server.
    [​IMG]

Shot of the dock in back.
    [​IMG]

AND a single player BIG ass cave i have been exploring

[​IMG]

19. Cutter John

Groovy.

So are those tree-sized sugarcanes behind your house?

20. Kestra

That's my candyland. Someone ... improved it recently.