The Amazing Race - 3/1/2009 - (Live Commentary/Discussion)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Brent, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Good evenning everyone, get ready for a new Amazing Race tonight!

30 minutes to go, the teams will be around Transylvania Castle I do believe

2. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

whoa geez, what bad luck for Tammy and Victor, they were at the top, then their plane had to turn around and now they are in the very back, geez, that would majorly suck

amanda was really hot doin those gymnastics

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Wow, Victor really needs to learn how to listen to Tammy. He's so sure that he's right all the time.

4. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Yep, this is going to do them in, my gosh, Victor is gonna learn the hard way I guess.

5. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Well, not as expected, I guess the other team was just way far behind, Victor and Tammy are very very lucky to still be in it, they had a lot of problems, all the way from 1st to last.

6. Skywalker

So, what, does nobody watch TAR anymore? :lol: I'll admit, I hadn't watched the first two episodes, but I noticed they were on the Travel Channel a couple nights ago and decided to check it out.

7. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I find that this thread will fill up with posts later on, the last thread didn't have hardly anyone reply in it until a few days into the week, i guess not everyone is watching it live anymore. I sure am though.

Victor really needs to listen to his sister!

8. Bloodwhiner

Bloodwhiner Commodore Commodore

Victor and Tammy got extremely lucky. I'm betting their camera crew was ready to kill Victor on the useless walk up the mountain.

The teams this season do seem to have more then the usual amount of problems.

9. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

How sad. That last team just got too far behind because of crappy luck with a flight. I hate it when that happens. I liked that team.

10. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Tammy and Victor would have been goin home do to a flight if this last team didn't have even worse luck with their flight.

11. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I wouldn't necessarily blame their luck.

Remember Brad & Victoria are told that the connection is tight, and then later told the flight is running late. They still took that flight, even though they still had another flight available that had several teams on it.

There is a time and a place for risky air travel, but being in the middle of the pack isn't that time. It was a very stupid decision.

Then we have Victor. People know I am just a little deranged when it comes to this show. I have never see or heard of a single time a racer has ignored the opinion of his teammate and kept going on a task. Never.

Now teams have gotten lost, and teams have gone to the wrong side of a continent (or country), but never when their teammate from the very first moment is telling them they are doing the wrong thing.

12. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Victor came across as a real douchebag in this episode. Hopefully that was editing taking over because it was unbelieveable that this team went from first to last only being lucked out by a team that made a crucial mistake.

I really liked Amanda and Kris in this episode for some reason. I think they work well together and other than the passports, they seem like a strong flying under the radar type team.

As for these teams making mistakes, I actually think this season is an improvement over the last in that aspect. The teams are actually reading the clues here, and that was a really big problem in 13. Sad to see Brad and Victoria eliminated but they wrote their own fate by taking that flight this early in the game.

13. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

From extra clips it doesn't appear that it was editing.

And yes the teams last year were making far, far more mistakes. Some fairly minor, but some huge ones. But a lot more of them.

14. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm really happy with these teams. They are very likable (Victor being the key exception today). ;)

15. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I think Amanda is really hot

16. Skywalker

I agree, but I like Tammy the most. I was very happy when she decided to do the gymnastics roadblock. :devil:

Can we get rid of Victor but keep Tammy? Victor seems like a nice enough guy, but he needs to be a better team player.

17. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Can you imagine the physical requirements for being a team cameraman on this show?

--Ted

18. Sledder

Sledder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

AMEN!

19. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, Travel Channel has acquired the repeat rights to the new season of The Amazing Race. The best part is that CBS feeds the show to Discovery/Travel on Saturdays, a day before the new episodes air on CBS, so I get to see it before everyone else :)

20. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

Am I the only one who's starting to think that Luke's a bit of a whiny pussy?