The Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by PianoWizzy, Nov 7, 2010.

1. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

It is just something that came to me whilst I was watching the episode (watching at UK pace)

2. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

And since he was refering to the plane in the movie, not a boat, the correct term (airplane nerd here) is actually "floatplane."

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

"Even at Star Trek conventions they only let him(Wheaton)in if he helps set up!"

:lol:

4. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I didn't have such a problem with Wheaton during his TNG days.. he was just the standard kid actor (:eek::eek: calm down.. it's not like i claimed Nemesis was the best ST movie!) but seeing him here i realize that.. well.. he sucks as an actor. He has not improved in quality over time as most adults do and it's ok that he's not an actor anymore as his main profession apparently.

As to Penny disappearing for a few episodes.. she was injured and as i take they film an episode each week and she needed to recuperate she just wasn't available for that time. Even more hilarious was the text at the end of an episode last week or the week before that where the producer makes fun of the accident and sets some ground rules for his actors and doing dangerous stuff on their free time (in a humorous tone).

This episode you could clearly see the cast poking through her trouser leg when they were watching Indiana Jones.. they tried to hide it with wide legs but it was still noticeable. Glad it was just a broken foot and will heal.

Final thought.. yay for the admittance that her leaving Leonard was more of a panic reaction than the realization of not having feelings anymore. I'm a huge shipper and that was big for me as i think they make a very cute couple. Just recently i also learned that the two dated in real life for about the time they were a pair onscreen which was also nice to hear and it would be also a question to the guys i'd pose if i ever got to talk to them personally.. i just can't believe you can work with such an attractive woman and not have some "thoughts" :devil:

Edit: Oops.. important typo fixed :shifty:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  5. Samurai8472

Fixed. It was Leonard( johnny galecki )

Kaley was quoted as saying she'll never date actors again :)

6. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

She's dating a musician now :lol:

Me, I hated the Penny/Leonard relationship because of how it made Leonard unlikeable. I like him better this season than I did the entire third season. Maybe it was because they were dating irl, but they had 0 chemistry on the show.

7. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I don't know if I agree, BUT, I'm glad they did the relationship because it got them past the whole Will They/Won't They thing.

Now, it's they DID, and we're moving on.

8. MichaelDornFan

MichaelDornFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Am I the only one who thought Amy was very out of character this episode? There were numerous instances, but the biggest was the lesbian scene at the end...

9. FPAlpha

I don't know.. she's the female Sheldon and like him she's socially totally inept or rather very factual and scientific.

She's reads about how a slumber party is supposed to work and fails to realize that the last part with the lesbianism is more of a male teenager fantasy (it said so on the "manual"! :lol:) so she went through with it.

So she was quite in character.. asked about her sexual preferences she'd supposedly cite some neurochemical facts about sexuality and that to a brain it's all the same no matter where the stimulus is coming from... it made for a hilarious Penny reaction though.. too bad it was behind closed doors.

And isn't Bernadette the cutest woman ever.. i find her more attractive than Penny!

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Penny is very attractive (though I prefer her in season 1 to now) but I love cute so Bernadette makes me :drool: everytime.

11. D.W.C

D.W.C Ensign Red Shirt

I got into The Big Bang Theory after watching the season 2 episode 'The Griffin Equivalency' on a repeat late at night, after the end of the season I watched all of season 1 and 2 and couldn't wait for more. One of my favourite shows and Sheldon is one of the best characters ever, he reminds me of me in the way I'm not afraid to truly say what I think, even if it will upset someone, Bazinga!

12. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Christopher Judge was wearing a Bazinga shirt on Hollywood Treasure. It was awesome.

13. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know about that, I find it hard to believe they won't go back there, especially considering the reason Penny went into her room after the truth or dare scene. She clearly still has some romantic feelings towards him, and I find it hard to believe he'd turn her down if she showed interest again.

And yeah, Melissa Rauch (Bernadette) is quite fetching. She's cute as a button and her assets are quite impressive. I like her on True Blood too, though her character on that show is annoying as hell.

14. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't buy it one bit. The first time she appeared, she declared that under no circumstances would Sheldon even be allowed to touch her. She's a character who's averse to any form of overt sexuality.

15. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Perhaps it's more likely

I mean, the time Penny complimented her, she did say she would be more flattered if Penny were a lesbian.

16. FPAlpha

She's also a scientist who's socially inactive for the most part.. her wedging herself into Penny's girl's night was out of character to begin with (that was not very believable or in character for her and it put me off a bit) but the storyline wouldn't have worked without her attending this social event. What came afterwards was pure Amy though and i loved it :techman:

17. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

It did seem out of character to me at first, but then it began to appear that Amy was kind of desperate for that female friendship that she never got in school. I would say it was more a development of her character that they were going for.

18. MichaelDornFan

MichaelDornFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Exactly. She went from being asexual to all of the sudden being willing to engage in lesbian activities.

19. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

20. Samurai8472

We almost have one girl for each guy. koothrappali's the last nerd not hooked up yet.