Small things you'd've liked to've happened in TNG

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Dixie Flatline, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And I say (believe, decree, command, preach from the mountaintops, bellow while striking my chest) that a full-fledged team-up between TNG and DS9 would have been more proper-er.

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Seeing the two teams work together with mixed crew away teams and whatnot would have been great to see onscreen.

They established that with the first episode of DS9. It still wasn't a proper crossover in my opinion.

3. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

The little cameos between the two shows were neat, but I'd have loved to see a proper crossover story, with characters from both shows as the antagonist of the story.

4. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes to almost everything above. That's exactly what I meant by a proper crossover story: Maybe Sela hatches some big plot with Dukat. Picard and Sisko on the bridge of the Enterprise or at Ops on DS9. Crusher and Bashir solving some medical mystery. Data and Dax on an away mission in the Gamma Quadrant. You know...a real crossover.

5. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

MAIN SHUTTLEBAY - One of the biggest and most interesting things on the entire ship and we only got a small glimpse inside the doors in 'Cause and Effect'. I hated those low budget mini bays we kept seeing- the doors didn't remotely match the hull shape and the nacelles should have been visible at the filming angles used.

6. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yes, based on the blueprints for the E-D and some of Probert's concept art we really missed out on some amazing sets. If I was casual 3D artist that is some of the stuff I would try to recreate.

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Well, if we ever have an anthology or all animation trek--maybe we will see some whitefire designs fleshed out.

8. Hikaru_Ichijo

Hikaru_Ichijo Commander Red Shirt

I would have liked to have seen the poor Ensign assigned to cleaning up everyone's quarters after the ship gets rocked hard, like in "Tin Man." Imagine being the guy having to arrange all of Picard's books on his shelf, Worf's arsenal of weapons, the arboretum, the candles in Guinan's quarters, etc.

9. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^it wouldn't be an ensign... Officers don't do cleaning :)

Besides I don't think anybody cleans Picard's quarters. He's too private to have a maid.

10. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

^ It wouldn't be an enlisted person, either... the ship supposedly cleans itself!

"Well good for the bloody ship!"

:)

11. Mister Spock

Mister Spock Commander Red Shirt

There must also be an Ensign who's job it is to clean up all the semen that is left behind whenever Geordi uses the Holodeck to get laid.

12. Finn

^and whichever quarters Riker spent the night before

13. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Doesn't work that way since the crew tries to get all the shots on a given set in one block so they don't have to move equipment and all all, and since there are splitscreen shots of both Rikers, it wouldn't be practical to do what you're suggesting.

Maybe Avro's real name is Jonah? ;)

14. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

While we never see such a person, I would imagine that Picard does have a yeoman. Picard's time is simply to valuable for his to be occupied with life's little trivial activities.

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Someone to listen to music that wasn't classical or jazz.

Someone to play something that actually looked like fun on the holodeck.

Klingons and Romulans that look different to the incredibly generic and stupid long hair/perm/armour and bowl cut/shoulder pads prefab designs.

Something to establish whether or not Klingons still had subject races in the 24th century.

16. Finn

^Some of the stuff we saw on holodeck during the TNG era did look fun to me. It's based on personal taste

What do you consider fun to use on the holodeck?

17. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Dixon Hill and that phaser target practice range we see the crew use (Picard, Riker, Worf, and Guinan IIRC) looked fun to me.

18. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

How about Worf's calisthenics program?

19. Finn

I'd come up with a holoprogram about hiking the Appalachian trail, or what would become it, during the Jurassic- it would have been like hiking the Himalayas.

20. Mister Spock

Mister Spock Commander Red Shirt

Maybe Worf could have mixed it up a bit. We see him listening to a lot of Klingon opera, perhaps he'd have a taste for Heavy Metal. Lots of songs about battles and violence. Something like Saxon or Iron Maiden.