(BIG) If the Tal Shiar/OO attack on the Founders

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Photon, Jun 19, 2013.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sidestepping what? Like changing the subject to one over labels? :p

2. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

I wasn't changing the subject. I was conceding the point about the the production of ketracel white. You were right, and I was wrong. I'm not conceding the point about calling the Founders elitist. It doesn't fit. Not precisely.

--Sran

3. R. Star

Fair enough. I never was one to quibble too much on the labels, and we can agree that whatever appellation you want to put on our lovable Founders they're not good people. :p

You can call someone a murderer without describing in great detail just exactly how they do it and the sick pleasure they take in it after all.

4. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think A or B would have happened. The Vorta run the Dominion with only very limited influence of the Founders. Look at Weyoun he seemed to handle the war with very little input from the Female Changeling. She seemed fine to let him make decisions and only occasionally got involved. The Founders are the head of the Dominion, but they seem to be a mostly absent one preferring to hide on their secret world. So I question whether if Tain succeeded if it would have any real impact.

The likely outcome would be the upper echelon of Vorta would either conceal the attack. The Jem'Hadar and other Vorta wouldn't believe anything the AQ powers say or any evidence they provide. As someone stated the attack wouldn't kill all the Founders, just those in the Link at the time. A successful attack would result in the few survivors probably taking more extreme actions, particularly against the Cardassians and Romulans. The war that would still come might be more concerned with extermination rather than control.

5. R. Star

Well for all his talk of being a shadowmaster, Tain was rather hamfisted at times. He fully announced his plans to the governments of Cardassia and Romulus(that the Federation got wind of very quick) even before he attacked. If he was successful I'd see a similar annoucement saying how badass he was for committing genocide.

Would've been way more interesting if he hadn't announced anything, just flew his fleet through the wormhole, blasted the Founders and didn't declare victory just leaving the Dominion to wonder -who- did it. Of course, I'm sure even the Dominion can technobabble CSI and find there were Romulan/Cardassian weapon signatures there.

If Tain was really clever, he'd do a false flag operation. If he's such a badass spymaster that just with the intelligence branch he can acquire the materials, facilities and knowledge to secretly manufacture a fleet of warships, it's not that much larger of a leap to acquire some Federation or Klingon ships. The Romulans nearly did this in Unification(where we see an entire junkyard or derelict Federation ships) and heck a bunch of Ferengi oafs who were beaten by kids got some Bird of Preys. If he did that not only would he eliminate the Dominion as a threat, but any retaliation would be at his other rivals.