My first voyage with Voyager

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Qutluch, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Alpha Flyer

Alpha Flyer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

yes. Yes he does. As I said ... YUM.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

And let's not forget Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy in the background.

3. Alpha Flyer

Oh, do let's. Forget, I mean.

Which reminds me. I once wrote (essentially on a dare) a Totally Disgusting little story with a ... hrmmppff ... Chell/Neeliz pairing. (It s NOT public...) ;-)

4. teacake

The other day about an hour after I left the house I realized I was covered in cat hair.

I wonder how all that ginger fluff would look against blue skin. I picture it sticking there, due to the slight dampness of Bolians.

5. Alpha Flyer

The mind boggles. Among other things.... ;-)

I'll send you the story via PM, if you want. It's GROSS.

6. teacake

I don't want to know what bits are boggleing!

oooookay..

7. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

8. teacake

I love her white nehru style suit jacket and I think it's interesting she is often in white civvies, which Mulgrew herself has spent a few decades fond of. I don't actually like her in long hair.. it would be my least favorite :(

The :( is for all those who are pained to hear this.

9. JanewayRulz!

Pained isn't the word.

SHOCKED! :eek: FLABBERGASTED! :eek: APPALLED! :eek: ASTONISHED! :eek:

THOSE are closer to the word than "pained".

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...l&id=8946A0F4A2034A01F16E18867829E0130CAC989E

I thought you would at LEAST favor the loose tendrils on either side of her face in the above photo. ;)

10. BirdInJetstream

BirdInJetstream Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Nope, its not. You got some pic from season one. The one when the Prime Directive of another planet did not allow them to get their hands on a piece of technology to bring them home faster. I think it was called "Prime factors" - I am not sure and too lazy to look it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I really love what she wears. Such a silkily flowing material. I remember that there is another episode in which she wears the exact same thing. Maybe my brain will come up with the name of the episode...
    (maybe not)

11. teacake

Oh the TENDRILS I am in love with but in order for there to be tendrils she has to have her hair up. So even though it is long, you don't see it falling long down her back like in the above pics Bird posted.

Here are some perfect tendrils.. and wisps.

Saying the word tendrils too many times is making me think of hentai.

:: smacks self ::

[​IMG]

12. Qutluch

Qutluch Commander Red Shirt

My vote is for Janeway in long hair. All this talk about Janeway, Paris, and Kim...what about Tuvok?? He looked amazing in that long blue jacket!

13. JanewayRulz!

I like the long blue jacket on Tuvok. :bolian:

Why does Janeway look like Tuvok has caught her doing something elicit in that 2nd photo? :vulcan:

It's not like she was watching any of Teacake's hentai. :rommie:

(Thank gosh for wikipedia. :alienblush: )

14. Qutluch

Future’s End Parts 1 & 2

Barstow? Really? They started with a radio transmission from Barstow…the writer must have just driven from L.A. to Las Vegas…

A Federation ship from the future, Captain Braxton, attacks Voyager because they believe that VOY was responsible for the destruction of Earth’s solar system. The attacking vessel and VOY get pulled into a spatial rift. It takes Janeway a moment, but she realizes that they have been pulled back into time: Earth 1996. Captain Braxton went through the rift first and was there for 30 years longer than VOY.

Tuvok and Paris look hysterical in their 1990’s clothing. When Janeway looked at the people on the boardwalk in California she gave this look that was absolutely priceless! It was easily my favorite Janeway expression!!

I was so excited when The Doctor was downloaded by Starling. (I had a few spoilers; I knew the Doc was eventually going to be able to move around the ship). I looked at my husband and I started clapping because I knew that this was that episode. The new technology was going to give the Doctor the flexibility to move around. It was a great cliff-hanger to flow into Part II. I did not like the end of Part II where everyone was kind of put-off by the Doctor being there. They did not seem very excited about his new-found-mobility.

They picked good supporting actors/actresses. Rain and Starling fit the parts perfectly. Also, the costumes were excellent (both the main actors and extras in the background). I enjoyed it when Captain Braxton eccentrically explained that Henry Starling found his space ship and stole it. He too, was an excellent choice!

These episodes were filled with humor!! I loved it when Rain asked Tuvok, “What is that thing in your pants?” Tuvok almost looked like he was going to smile! Also, when Kes and Neelix were watching 1990’s soap operas, their comments were quite entertaining!! Another great moment: when Rain called the Doctor Mr. Leisure Suit, and he responded, “Another one I haven’t thought of”!!

Watching these episodes back-to-back had more of a movie feel. I liked that. There was a great story line, and it was captivating.

Favorite part: These were the first full episodes that took place on Earth. The characters were out of uniform, and in a whole new setting. I really enjoy episodes where the characters are off-ship!!

Least favorite part: Janeway left Kim in charge of the ship. Kim is growing on me, but in the worst case that they do not return from Earth Janeway should have left at least one commanding officer, who is capable of running the ship, onboard. Leave Chakotay or Tuvok at least….preferably Chakotay. (Tuvok is hysterical in this episode)!!

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

B'Elanna is lieutenant junior grade and by his side the whole time.

Kinda sexist, or is it revealing exactly how imaginary Maquis provisional rank badges really are?

Did you wonder what happened to the Eugenics war?

16. teacake

For years this was the double ep we ended up watching when we had intended to watch a movie.. because it is so much more fun than most movies. It's my most rewatched eps of VOY and you've touched on all the highlights. I also like Chak and B tied up by survivalists. It's just full of humor and costumes and a kind of warm heartedness that has no sappy parts. Everyone seems to be thoroughly enjoying themselves.

Janeway is in an all white suit three times on VOY (to my count) and I'm wondering if Mulgrew had some influence on that as she was seen for years dressed in white herself.

As to the Eugenics wars, Cox explained that it was all behind the scenes :lol:

It is happening NOW!

17. Alpha Flyer

Agree completely with teacake. I adore this one -- both for the light-hearted feeling and the retro "they are us!!" element. I particularly enjoyed the Rain-Paris interaction (I would ...); bonding over C-grade sci fi movies was priceless. It was a homage to ST:IV "The Voyage Home" in many ways, and just as well done.

18. Qutluch

I actually watched both episodes twice before I made my post! These episodes made me smile! Oh, and I agree with you about the scene with Chakotay and B'Elanna with the survivalists: another fun moment!

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did you notice the DY-100 Sleeper ship (Khan's ship from the Space Seed.) in Raines office?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  20. Qutluch

No, I will have to rewatch that part~