what's next for Marvel (movies)?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, May 6, 2012.

1. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Hulk Smash is not a bad title. In fact I quite like it. It's certainly better than Batman Forever, Batman Begins and Avengers Assemble as far as cheesy titles go.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Thanks! I actually love the idea. Kids who loved the Hulk in The Avengers would talk to all their friends about it on the playground just based on the title!

3. Admiral James Kirk

I'm a guy who says "Hulk smash" at least once a day and has been since I was seven years old. My two year old son roars like the Hulk and screams "Hulk smash, graaahr!" damn near every day as well. You can kinda see why that title would appeal to me. :D

4. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I go on about it too.

but have you read the book where it happened?

Hank was in the middle of a super villain rant about how the Avengers would love him and invite him back if he defeated, SAVED THEM from a giant supervillian robot he had invented to "all but nearly" destroy the Avengers, which is when Janet tries to explain to him that he's batshit and should take a chill pill... So he slaps her.

Once.

Janet Van Dyne is professionally beaten up for a living, by gods, monsters, robots, mutants and aliens.

I mean sure it's a betrayal, she trusted him not to be a crazy asshole, but Janet was slapped once by a crazy person in the middle of a pinky and the brain scheme to become leader of the Avengers and probably next the World, I don't think that really the audience is taking the big picture into account here.

A giant fucking killer robot sent out to kill.

However.

It you want to talk about the Ultimate Universe?

Yup, that's your standard asshole laying into some one smaller than he is to feel powerful when he is clearly aware that he is not. Text book.

Which is why I cheered when Captain America stood on his face.

6. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

That title would probably be in the running. The sequel could be Hulk Smash Again, followed by Hulk Smash (insert noun of choice here).

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

What about Hulk Strongest There Is? :p

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I want a Cable/Apocalypse movie, dammit!

Ooh, or what about Silver Surfer?

9. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^Sadly, Marvel Studios doesn't own any of those characters.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Lame.

I really don't know much about Marvel beyond the 90s FOX cartoons of X-Men and Spiderman. In fact, these recent movies have been my only exposure to Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America. I don't even know what other characters are out there.

11. Skywalker

Marvel apparently does own Cable, from what I've read. But he's kind of pointless without his connection to the X-Men, IMO.

12. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yes, let's stroke Rob Liefeld's ego more.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Actually, and I know it can't happen right now, but since The Avengers and Thor have clearly established the existence of aliens, I would love to see a rebooted version of the Phoenix Saga to fit into that universe. Bring on the Shi'ar and giant star-eating firebirds!

14. Skywalker

I actually prefer having the X-Men movies in their own, separate universe. I wish the comics were the same way. I also don't mind Spider-Man being under Sony's control, since I prefer Spidey on his own. If it were up to me, I'd split the big Marvel properties up like so:

Marvel/Disney: Avengers, Fantastic Four, SHIELD, etc.
    Fox: X-Men
    Sony: Spider-Man and Daredevil (so that they can share the Kingpin)

15. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I agree about X-Men being a separate universe (if only because the mutant concept doesn't really work as well when there are so many other, traditional superheroes out there).

But I definitely love the idea of Spidey, FF and Avengers being in the same universe. They all share the same fun, comic booky style, and seeing them all onscreen together would just be too awesome for words.

16. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Please don't ever say the words "stroke" and "Rob Liefeld" in the same sentence again. :p

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

One wonders what Spidey was up to when Loki and his alien army were destroying New York. Maybe he was taking pictures.

18. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

It would explain his artwork.

19. Admiral James Kirk

[​IMG]

I gots me a boner! :drool:

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dude... That is not a girl.