Barry Morse as Jean-Luc Picard

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by MarsWeeps, Jul 29, 2014.

1. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aside from being old and caucasian, Barry Morse bears absolutely no likeness to Sir Patrick Stewart. And if Morse had scored the role of Picard instead of Stewart, it's hard to tell, but it doesn't seem like he kept himself in top condition, like Stewart did. We probably would've had a Captain Picard who was more willing to sit out Away Missions and even more poncy with his tea at 4 O'clock and holodeck horseback rides in Pleasant Meadows ... I'm happy with what we got. Sir Patrick Stewart was the best choice.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I didn't mean to imply I had any problem with Jeremy Kemp's performance; I just didn't think he had enough resemblance to Patrick Stewart to be credible as his brother.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Connery played an Egyptian ( who apparently was an alien) with a Spanish name and a Scots accent opposite a Frenchman playing a Scot. So I'm not seeing a problem.:p

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^I thought there was a director's cut of Highlander 2 that expunged all the alien-origin stuff.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Yes, the Renegade Version removes all references to Zeist, and presents the immortals as being exiles from random points in Earth's past.

6. wulfio

wulfio Captain Captain

Highlander 2 must never be spoken of.

7. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

And if he hadn't, I wouldn't have brought it up. :p
    Didn't remember Lambert was French, though.