If they do Khan for the next movie how might they end it?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Saul, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

So IF they do a movie with Khan do you think they'll kill the character off or have the ending with him being dumped on ceti alpha v? If they keep him alive it's a nice tie into TWOK. Not that they have to do that since it's a different timeline but it could be a way of linking both, having this next movie be a type of semi prequel to TWOK. Since TWOK is the most popular movie. I think a lot of non trek fan moviegoers who never saw "space seed" and wondered about Khan's backstory in TWOK might get a kick out of it.

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

After nuKirk saves the galaxy a second time TPTB make his the commanding Admiral of Starfleet.

In the third movie, after saving the galaxy yet again, nuKirk is made the President of the Federation.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they have a kick ass actor to play Khan I hope they keep him alive for future usage. Khan would make an excellent villain that appears periodically or whose influence is felt in future stories. If they end with the ending of TWOK they can still do something to imply he has survived (transwarp beam out? captured by race that wants to experiment on him?) The whole eugenics storyline is full of potential.

4. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm hoping Khan (or rather the Botany Bay) gets a cameo in the next movie as an Easter egg. Beyond that, leave him be for now.

5. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

In fire.

Actually, I hope they show Klingons blowing up the Botany Bay for target practice the way they did that space probe in Star Trek V, as a way of saying "we aren't gonna redo TOS plots".

6. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd like to see Harry Mudd selling it for scrap in the background on an Orion space hub.

7. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Aaaannd Star Trek is turned into a comic, with Khan being Kirk's Joker. Can't wait for the Star Trek / Superman / Spider-Man crossover, where Lex Luthor teams up with Khan and the Green Goblin. Stay tuned for the scene where McCoy makes a comment about the Green Goblin and the Greenblooded Hobgoblin.

Since when was Star Trek just about Kirk vs. Khan? I don't get it.

8. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think Khan is better reserved for a nuTrek novel series.

Actually, in an interesting twist have the Klingons be the ones to find the BB and unfreeze the crew. He can be their problem.

9. teacake

A comic is better than endless meetings around long tables.

It's a reboot and a villain that stamps his presence on the franchise is going to be a possibility because that has worked so well in the last ten years. If that's the way it goes it might as well be Khan. Also the eugenics wars were about a lot more than Khan and I think the could be used very intelligently. Perhaps the Vulcans make a logical decision to use eugenics in their building of their future. Eugenics as a theme is no different than super Nero from the Future, you have ordinary humans up against folks with extraordinary advantages.

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Vulcans do present an interesting possibility.

My problem with Khan has always been that, while the audience is continuously spoon fed the idea that he has an unmatched intellect and a charming, magnetic personality that draws people to him, nothing we ever saw him do on screen was either smart or charismatic.

If the Bad Robots do open that bag of worms. I really hope they can actually use him to his full potential.

To the effect, with the Vulcans he could do something like go to their new colony and within minutes have the entire spices figured out to where he can manipulate them at will. Say, he could use extreme litteral logic against them in some manner. Essentially the audience is left with the impression that this is not the kind of fucker you want to face at the poker table. And not: this dimwit is supposed to be super smart, yet he doesn't know there are three dimensions in space.

This kind of villain is in right now. But Khan is unique enough that the concept could be taken in a different direction.

I also think the whole uber-pecs buffness thing needs to be dropped. Assuming he was the origianl augment, it's not a stretch to think his makers made some mistakes. So I think he'd be better suited as somewhat sickly and frail. Let Joachim do the head bashing.

11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Take Khan back to Earth to stand trial for his crimes.

12. teacake

What a riveting film that would be..

13. Nerys Myk

Kick his ass first .

14. teacake

Khan does something bad. Followed by ass kicking for 2/3 of the film. THEN, a hearing. Theatrical speech. Justice looks like it will be served the Federation Way but because this is dull as dirt Khan makes a break for it at the last minute and his ass is kicked into death. Moralistic opining wraps up the film. If we are very lucky there is a ? hanging over some loose end which makes us wonder if we have seen the last of Khan's eugenics prettyboys. If we are very unlucky the opining is followed by hearty chuckles on the bridge amongst our heroes over some (not) funny joke, camaraderie and all that. And then the Enterprise warps away.

15. JarodRussell

Well, we already know how it works in the new Abramsverse. Kirk offers Khan a helping hand and when Khan says: "No.", Kirk shoots him. Not once, not twice, he unloads the entire clip and then beats the dead body. ;)

16. Nerys Myk

I was thinking it would end with Kirk shouting "Book'em Spocko!

17. JarodRussell

18. teacake

19. seekertwo

seekertwo Commander Red Shirt

Maybe combine Khan & ENT's "Augments" storyline....Khan & company is discovered by Klingons....kills a few and takes over a ship...maybe even inspire a number of Klingons to follow him to Earth to pick up on the conquering that he's missed out on....and guess who's the first ship in the way?...

20. Search4

Search4 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Enterprise finds the Botany Bay.
    The hibernation mechanism has malfunctioned. Khan is suddenly an old man.
    Shatner plays him.
    Khan/Shatner gets to fight newKirk. There's an epic battle. Khan/Shatner wins.

See? Its not that hard to get Shat back in the action.