The Borg Kids

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Tachyon, Feb 5, 2009.

?

The Borg Kids on Voyager...

1. I liked them.

30 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Not loving or hating.

14 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I only liked Icheb.

18 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. I'm on the fence with this one.

8 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. Meh. Useless!

28 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm quite sure two of them were named Plot and Device. Certainly they were discarded quick enough after they served their purpose. ;)

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I thought the Borg kids were a good idea. And I thought Child's Play was a really good episode. They, of course, could have done more with the Borg kids other than Icheb.

3. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

I would have loved to see more of the kids, especially Mezoti. But I understand why they couldn't have them too much, there are so many rules regarding filming with minors, espeically when they need to wear prosthetics. They're only allowed on set for so many hours a day and part of that time is for makeup application and removal, so in the end they realy have very little filming time

4. Enow

Enow Lieutenant Red Shirt

True.

I think every Borg person would react differently to having been assimulated in coming out of it.

The twins could very well serve to show that. Borg are usually in a blank state, awaiting instructions. So the twins taking their cues from Seven whereas Mezoti & Icheb were not so "cueless" can show how some can be still in that mindset to await further instructions whereas, Mezoti and Icheb were taking their cues from their surroundings.

Perhaps it is the after effects of once being a Borg that it lingers on introverts moreso than on extroverts.

5. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

I think a lot depends on how long you were assimilated. Seven had been a drone for 20 years so she had a hard struggle to become human again. Picard was assimilated for, what was it, a matte of days, and he bounced right back to being himself. Also the peole that Chakotay encountered that were freed from the Borg, they had their personalities in tact. If they had been assimilated at Wolf 359 they weren't drones for very long

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I thought Voyager was in the perfect position to have a lot of recurring characters. Literally nobody can get on or off the ship, so they could have easily had a deep secondary cast and chose not to.

7. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Did you mean to say assimilated at 7 for 20 years? ;)

8. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

oops, yea I did :p

9. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

They were okay. I liked Mezoti and I really, really, really liked Icheb. "Child's Play" is one of my favorite episodes.

10. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Yeah, Rebi and Azan could have gone the way of the baby... completely forgotten and never missed.

They didn't talk aloud much because they're telepaths.

This is one of my favorite Voyager lines ever! :lol: