Are the Guardians and Trickster related?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Guy Gardener, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just thinking that Turlough was offered a deal by the Black Guardian while he thought that he was dying in a car accident which is totally the tricksters MO, so maybe the guardians are a part of the pantheon of discord too rather than omniversal avatars of behavior and order, actually how the trickster was swicthing between black and white costumes in the recent Sarah Jane Adventures could infer that he is a rival yet copasetic force if not a captain planet amalgamation of the black and white guardians like at the end of the dark Crystal or Voltron, but to say that he wavers between black and white never to be grey shows discord rather than any point of equilibrium.

Though he could hardly be the/a guardian if he's rubbing his thighs together about the key to time, yet maybe the black and white guardians are some of those shadows/agents of the pantheon of discord which the Doctor mentioned?

Mary Tamm is gorgeous.

2. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mary Tamm IS gorgeous.

And I understood The Tricketer to be one of the Eternals, like from Enlightenment. Guess it's all how you look at it...

3. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mary Tamm is hawt.

4. EJA

EJA Fleet Captain

Yes, I thought that the Trickster might well be the same as the Black Guardian, but then his interactions with the Doctor in The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith seemed to suggest that they hadn't met before, which would rule out this connection.

5. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Plus the Docotrs explaination kinda puts that theory to rest. Interestign that he knows about the Key to Time though. Perhaops there is some connection with the Black Guardian.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Considering what...

Are they the Black and White guardians of Time, or the black and white guardians of the universe?

Considering what the Trickster does to time and space over and over again, it would be like a repeat home invasion that you couldn't help but ignore even a little that the bugger keeps knocking your front door down and raping your food.

Do they tolerate him, or do they "think" it's inconsequential pocket universe side stepping bollocks?

7. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I much rather think The Trickster is a different character from The Black Guardian because he is an intriguing character in his own right. Because he's an Eternal, I would think he's a higher being than The Black Guardian, considering how The Eternals treated both Guardians in Enlightenment. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some kind of connection between the two.