Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

And came back several days later to revive the argument.

2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I would have stopped, but I was responding to JD. I don't know what the several days thing means. I posted a few times in this thread near the beginning, argued, left, then posted again to agree that complaining about Gadot's breast size was moronic, and shouldn't be a consideration for casting WW. That lead to more arguing, but there was a long interval between my first argument and this one, probably more than a month. I hadn't even followed the thread since the end of my first round of posting, I just looked at it a few days ago, saw the breast size discussion, and responded to it. I didn't mean to restart an argument when I was agreeing about the breast size being unimportant, it just kind of happened.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

If Jamie Alexander is the "model" for the perfect Wonder Woman, then Gadot isn't too far off. They're the same height and about 15 pounds differen't in weight. Gadot should be able to gain that easy.

4. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

More pic!

Lynda Carter back in the day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jamie Alexander post-Thor The Dark World
    [​IMG]

Gal Gadot
    [​IMG]

WW from The Flashpoint Paradox
    [​IMG]

Based on these pictures. Gal Gadot will definitively be able to physically represent WW in MOS 2.

5. sojourner

Yep, you definitely kept your criticism to breast size when you reentered the thread with this post:
    :guffaw:

btw, "several days" means more than "a few days".

6. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Yeah, I think Gal is the Woman for Wondie, her build is certainly not far off from Lynda Carter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

You know, you'd make a horrible casting director:

kirk55555: Who's next today Phil?
    Phil (your ass.): Gal Gadot is going to read for Wonder Woman sir.
    kirk5555555: You mean that glorified extra from Fast and Furious? Next!
    (Gal Gadot is then cast in an Oscar bait movie and wins all kinds of awards. The next day you open your locker to find a pink slip)

8. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Yeah that's going to happen...

9. kirk55555

Oh, I took a shot at her, obviously. Just because people who like her casting don't want any opposition doesn't mean I was going to just disagree with one stupid reason she's a bad choice and just leave it at that. I wouldn't want to make even a hint of an impression that I was defending her casting choice, just that any comments about her breast size being "wrong" were ridiculous, and she made a good comment about that herself.

Alexander looks like she could bulk up to WW, and she seems like a decent actress. In Thor she looked like, well, a warrior woman, which is what she was playing. she looked tough. Gadot looks like what she is, a delicate, skinny model who couldn't defeat a chipmunk, much less any real threat.

Anyway, this is getting ridiculous. I think she sucks, a lot of people don't, we're not going to agree or convince each other. We're just kind of arguing in circles at this point.

10. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jamie Alexander should have gotten the part. She didn't and I think that WB made a mistake. That being said, I'll keep an open mind.

If anything, I think the bigger potential problems with this movie are trying to shoehorn so many characters into a single movie.

11. Gov Kodos

Getting? You passed that long ago. You've been given countless reasons why your assertions were baseless.

12. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

At this point I admit to skepticism regarding the casting of Gal Gadot. But it has happened often enough that I (and others) have disagreed with a casting choice and was eventually proven wrong.

I didn't think Michael Keaton could cut it as Batman. Wrong.
    I was skeptical about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. Wrong.
    I was skeptical of Daniel Craig as 007. Wrong.

I'll wait and see what happens.

Even prejudging a movie can be dicey. I was cynical regarding MoS. What I liked about the film outweighed what I didn't like. It wasn't the film I'd have preferred to see, but it wasn't the disaster I suspected it might be. The Avengers was a lot better than I thought it might be.

ST09, well, I was wrong there too. It was worse than I suspected it would be.

And just for sake of clarity these are strictly my opinions.

13. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I doubt Disney/Marvel would grant Jamie Alexander the flexibility in her contract; so she could portray WW in a Warner Bros/DC movie. Alexander was someone they were looking at back in October.

I wonder if TPTB at Disney/ Marvel are kicking themselves for not giving her bigger focus in Thor TDW. Alan Taylor the director said a lot of his planned material was cut out of the movie to make way for more Loki. This included more story for the Dark Elves and a love triangle between Thor, Jane and Sif.

14. Gov Kodos

Let it go.

15. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

My remark is not a rant and so it's perfectly valid.

16. Gov Kodos

Let it go. This is not a Trek thread. Let it go. That just makes you seem like a nut. Someone who won't talk about anything else, and won't let anyone else talk about anything else.

Let it go.

17. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Trek films get referenced here all the time in conjunction with other films and I've made one fucking reference. So I can use any film as a fair example to make a point. If you don't like it then too bad. You let it go. And if my opinion doesn't go with the grain then thats too bad as well.

18. sojourner

Studios don't really do contracts like that. Look at Ryan Reynolds. He's played major characters for both DC and Marvel.

19. Gov Kodos

Not a Trek thread.

20. kirk55555

You know, I am pretty much done with the thread, but I have to comment on this. My opinions are no more baseless that yours. We disagree, but me disagreeing with you doesn't make my argument invalid. I think Gadot is a model who should never have started acting, and she's going to play a wimpy looking WW, and probably play her very poorly. Its fine if you don't agree, but that doesn't make me wrong, or right. We can both be right, in our own opinion. I think people who like her are as weird as people think I am for hating her, but thats no reason to try to belittle my opinion. I've never said that people are wrong or jerks for liking her, everything I've said is from my perspective, and its my opinion. I hate her as WW, and that will never change. You can think whatever you want about her, my opinion doesn't change that.