Guess which new show will be canceled first?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by bigdaddy, Sep 26, 2013.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

We usually have a topic on this every fall and I haven't seen one for this year, but I'm not wearing my glasses, so.... :lol:

Anyways what show does everyone think will be canceled first now that they started?

My guesses...
    Super Fun Night (Trophy Wife should get that time slot)
    Lucky 7 (Horrible idea, horrible ratings)
    Dads

Hostages will live through all 15 episodes, maybe a Saturday night burn off.

2. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

Agents of SHIELD

Yep, I went there.

3. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

lucky 7

4. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't forget We Are Men . That looks like a stinkaroo.

5. bigdaddy

We Are Men won't live past a first season, but it's on a jam packed CBS lineup so I see it doing it's 13 episodes then being replaced midseason. Many other shows won't make it to November.

6. Xip

Xip Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just out of curiosity, why?

7. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    The Blacklist. Feels like a Homeland lite, and apart from Spader, nothing much interesting or new in opener. Unless they pull something really interesting, or it dramatically improves, can't see it lasting.

8. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Dads will be the first, it's awful

I haven't seen Super Fun Night but all reviews I read said it stinks, so I don't think it will last very long.

I also have bad feeling about Dracula.

9. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

The one where Andy Samburg plays a New York Detective was actually quite funny, I thought. But it's time-slot: up against both 'NCIS' and 'Agents of SHIELD' will probably kill it...plus it's on FOX.

10. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Haven't seen the pilot yet, but from what I've heard, it's awful.

Plus, it's Joss Whedon. It was doomed the moment he pitched it. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  11. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Definitely. I saw the first ten or so minutes last night, and it was pathetic. A top fugitive walks into the FBI HQ... and something like thirty guards fan out with their weapons drawn in a beautifully symmetric display, with not one shouting so much as a word?! :cardie:

Also, one of my friends back in high school loudly and repeatedly considered Harry Lennix the worst actor ever for the way he barked "Dammit Morpheus!" and other lines in The Matrix Reloaded, and now whenever I see him in Man of Steel or here, I just get this instant "totally horrible actor!" reaction, which I don't even feel myself, but I haven't seen him show any other performance, either. Seems he's always playing Commander Locke. :p

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Well, I've seen it three times, so obviously, I enjoyed it.

But seeing as it was the highest rated premiere for a drama in four seasons, I doubt that it's going anywhere soon.:)

13. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

One of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, The Goldbergs, or Super Fun Night.

I don't think Dads gets the axe because of FOX's love of Seth MacFarlane.

14. bigdaddy

It's on NBC and it's on after The Voice, unless the ratings bomb real bad in week 2 it will be around all season.

Isn't Dracula just a miniseries anyways?

What does it being on Fox do? Fox is trying, and failing, to have a comedy night. Dads and The Mindy Project will both be canceled far ahead of Brooklyn 9-9.

15. AliciaD496

AliciaD496 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still haven't seen Super Fun Night so I'm not gonna judge it yet, but from what I've heard I'd agree it'll likely be cancelled.

Out of the other new shows...I hope Agents of SHIELD isn't cancelled, it's been my favorite so far.

Dads and Brooklyn 99 both bored me to tears so I'm happy to watch Agents of SHIELD during that time slot.

Mom was cute, but I don't know if Anna Ferris can pull off a TV series. Allison Janney helps though I don't think she's enough to save the show either. It'll likely be cancelled by mid season, the other Monday night CBS shows are much stronger.

Goldbergs had a very nice Wonder Years vibe to it, but the visuals WERE awful but that's the 80s for you. The older son reminds me of Chip from last year's 1600 Penn. In other words...a likely cancel. It really doesn't have enough going for it.

Lastly I've seen Trophy Wife...and uggggh. Awful, awful show. The littlest kid was cute and Bradley Whitford's a good put upon husband, but that's all. ANOTHER likely cancel.

The one that really has me going 'What were they thinking?' in terms of the premise and how they'll be able to continue on for very long is Hostages. The doctor's family were all horrible people and if she let them die I wouldn't blame her. The whole 'is he good, or is he bad' about Dylan McDermott's character is interesting, for a little while at least. But how they'll pull this off for a whole season, let alone longer, I have no idea.

My guess is either Hostages or Trophy Wife will be the first cancelled if Super Fun Night isn't.

16. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dads is easily first.

17. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My understanding with Hostages is that it's only 15 episodes and then it's done. If all 15 episodes are already shot, and they know it's over I doubt it'll get cancelled unless the ratings are horrible, and even then they can finish it on Saturday nights. Of course Under the Dome was supposed to be only one season and some genius ordered a 2nd season, so who know what will really happen.

18. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

This.

First, it's on NBC.

Second, it beat Hostages in the head to head by more than 5 million viewers and more than doubled Hostages 1.8 in the demo. It also did better than Bones and Castle on the same night.

Thirdly, and most importantly, NBC. Unless it has a *huge* drop-off it'll be here for a second season.

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It's been called a limited run series but that can mean it's either a one season and done deal or it means it has a small number of episodes per season. NBC really hasn't made it clear if they expect more than one season. ABC has called Once Upon a Time in Wonderland a limited series but it's expected to go beyond one season. Fox has a limited series coming out next year that's just a one season and done show. So there some confusion about the term.

20. bigdaddy

No one has seen it because SFN got such horrible reviews by the critics they pulled the pilot and will be starting with the second episode.

The creators of Under the Dome have come out and said they never planned on the 13th episode being the last, that they have ideas for 2-3-4 seasons.

Once Upon a Time was called a limited series by the creators of the show as they wanted it to fill in for the winter. ABC never came out and said anything. But they seemed to enjoy the 16 minute pilot pitch and went to series. I have a feeling it will bomb, ABC knows it and that's why it got the 8pm Thursday death slot. So then the creators thought it would be 13 and done, and ABC has somethign for a few months.